BTS was the most tweeted about music act in the first 6 months of quarantine
- Twitter released a new chart that tracks tweet volume around certain topics from March through September.
- During that time period, Korean group BTS was the most-tweeted-about music act. The group has topped Billboard's Social 50 chart for a record-breaking 194 consecutive weeks.
- Other hot quarantine topics on Twitter included "Black Panther," "Tiger King," and "Black Is King."
BTS were the most tweeted about musicians in the United States during the first six months of quarantine, according to a "Twitter From Home" trend report that Twitter released Tuesday.
The report compares US tweet volume on certain topics from March 1 through September 1, 2020 to volume in the same range in 2019. When it came to musicians, BTS topped the list, followed immediately by Kanye West, Beyoncé, Drake, and Megan Thee Stallion. Fellow Korean groups like NCT and ATEEZ stood at six and eight, respectively, with Bad Bunny, Cardi B, and Harry Styles rounding out the list.
It's not difficult to believe that Korean septet was one of the most talked-about artists on Twitter during quarantine. The group has spent a record-breaking 195 weeks at the top of Billboard's Social 50 chart, which tracks social engagement across social media platforms. BTS also has won the Top Social Artist award three years in a row at the Billboard Music Awards.
During the quarantine period, they've been active as well: on the heels of the release of their full-length album "Map of the Soul: 7" in February, BTS also released Japanese-language album "Map of the Soul: 7 — The Journey" in July, topping Japan's Oricon Daily Album Chart. In August, the group released "Dynamite," its first English language single, and got their first number one hit on Billboard's Hot 100 singles chart.
The "Twitter From Home" chart also released data regarding the most tweeted about TV shows, movies, food, and emojis of quarantine, with data collected during the same six month period. "The Last Dance" was the most tweeted about TV show, with other quarantine favorites like Netflix's "Tiger King" and the newly re-popularized "Avatar: The Last Airbender" also making the list.
—Twitter Data (@TwitterData) September 15, 2020
When it came to emoji choice, the microbe emoji jumped in popularity along with the mailbox emoji, the toilet paper emoji, and the game joystick emoji.
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip