Dolly Parton says she usually starts her day at 3 a.m. — and it's when she does some of her 'best work'
Dolly Partontold Insider she often starts her day at 3 a.m. and does some of her "best work" then.
- She said she doesn't require much
sleep, adding that "it's kind of a Parton family trait."
She might sing about working from 9 to 5, but most of Dolly Parton's days start at 3.
As in, 3 a.m.
The country-music legend recently sat down with Insider to discuss her new line of Southern desserts with Duncan Hines, and also revealed more about her (very early) morning
"I don't need a whole lot of sleep," Parton said. "I go to bed pretty early, but even if I've been up late — it's just kind of like a little clock inside of me that says 'it's 3 o'clock!'"
"I do some of my best work there, but I get enough sleep," she added. "I don't require as much sleep as a lot of other people do, that's kind of a Parton family trait."
Parton said her late father, Robert Lee Parton, was also a very early riser.
"I'm like my daddy," she said. "He was always up early, even if he had to go to bed late."
Although she's an early riser, Parton said she doesn't have any big skin-care secrets to looking well-rested.
"I don't do any big rituals with my skin or anything, and I don't think you have to pay a ton of money to have good products," Parton said. "Most of the products that cost less are just as good, and sometimes better than the ones that cost a fortune."
"I don't buy for fame," she added. "I just buy the ones that work for me."
Parton — who celebrated her 76th birthday in January — also credits her great skin to the fact that she never sunbathed when she was younger.
"I never got out in the sun," she said. "I don't have a lot of the same problems that women my age do 'cause I never baked myself in the sun. I would've if I'd been able to tan but I couldn't, so now I'm glad!"
After getting up early on the weekends, Parton cooks up a big Southern breakfast for her husband Carl Dean — who she's been married to for 55 years.
Parton has a special trick to get her scrambled eggs perfectly fluffy (which she shared with Insider), and also loves making French toast and bacon or gravy with biscuits.
When she's not in the kitchen, Parton said she and Carl love going to fast-food restaurants like Taco Bell — and she has particularly strong feelings about its beloved Mexican Pizza.
- A millennial who became a millionaire after the 2008 crash says building wealth is about more than opportunistic investing. You also have to make lifestyle changes and load up on side hustles.
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- Learning AI can be lucrative: Freshers’ annual pay is ₹10-14 lakh in India, says TeamLease Digital report
- CoCo bonds fall sharply over Credit Suisse deal
- Date night conversations to diet charts – 10 things ChatGPT can help you with
- Gold is bankable, shines more than some western banks say experts
- Fear of financial crisis is keeping investors away from stock markets say experts