Kylie Jenner's best friend called Tana Mongeau 'weird' for appearing to have a picture of Stormi Webster as her phone background
- Tana Mongeau appears to have a baby picture of Kylie Jenner's daughter as her phone background.
- A fan page posted about Mongeau's phone, and Jenner's best friend commented "..this is weird."
Tana Mongeau may not get the chance to pose for another selfie with Kylie Jenner. The YouTuber and influencer with 5.7 million Instagram followers is facing criticism from Jenner's inner circle after she was photographed holding up a phone with a picture of Stormi Webster, Jenner's 3-year-old daughter, as its background.
Mongeau was photographed Wednesday night at a party she hosted for DJ Diablo. One picture of Mongeau with "Shameless" star Ethan Cutkosky that was posted on a fan page for Jenner shows the influencer holding a phone with a March 2020 picture of Webster in a bubble bath (the photo was recently posted to Jenner's Kylie Baby Instagram page) as its background.
A Jenner fan page with more than 2 million Instagram followers posted a side-by-side of the original photo of Webster and the picture of Mongeau, which was posted on Instagram by a party attendee. "Wondering why Tana Mongeau's phone lock screen is Stormi," the post's caption said, though it was not clear whether the phone belonged to Mongeau or someone else.
One of Jenner's closest friends, Stassie Karanikolaou, commented, "..this is weird."
Then, Jenner's former assistant Victoria Villarroel replied to Karanikolaou and wrote: "..very." Another friend of Jenner and Karanikolaou, Carter Gregory, replied, "I'm uncomfortable."
Jenner follows Karanikolaou, Villarroel, and Gregory on Instagram, and she also follows the fan page that posted the picture of Mongeau. Jenner hasn't publicly weighed in on the photo - however, it appears that Karanikolaou and another member of the Kardashian-Jenner extended family have unfollowed Mongeau on Instagram. Kardashian fans on the "r/KUWTK" subreddit recalled that both influencers previously followed Mongeau.
Mongeau still follows Karanikolaou, but the model no longer follows her. Alabama Barker, a TikTok star and Travis Barker's daughter, also appears to have unfollowed Mongeau on Instagram. Travis and Kourtney Kardashian, Jenner's older sister, recently got engaged.
Despite frequently praising the Kardashian family, Mongeau has a rocky relationship with them. Previously, she apologized to Khloé Kardashian after tweeting that Kardashian's partner Tristan Thompson was at Mongeau's birthday party instead of with their daughter, True Thompson, on Father's Day 2021.
Representatives for Mongeau and Jenner didn't respond to Insider's requests for comment.
- A college is removing its vending machines after a student discovered they were using facial-recognition technology
- 11 states pay more in federal taxes than they get back - here's how every state fares
- Steve Jobs once said the best managers are 'individual contributors' who aren't interested in managing people
- Netflix announces series on 1999 Kandahar hijack, Anubhav Sinha to direct show
- Great to reunite with Sanjay Leela Bhansali after 25 years: Manisha Koirala
- Farhan Akhtar, Shibani Dandekar team up for Netflix series 'Dabba Cartel'
- 10 Fruits that help increase stamina
- DGCA fines Air India ₹30 lakh after elderly passenger's death at Mumbai airport