Spain's Princess Maria Teresa dies due to Coronavirus, first from a royal family to succumb to the deadly disease
Don Sixto Enrique de Borbón/Facebook
- Spain’s Princess
Maria Teresais the first member of a royal family to die from Coronavirus.
- The 89-year old ‘Red Princess’ passed away in Paris on March 27.
- Two other royals — The Duke of Wales,
Prince Charlesand Prince Albert II of Monaco — have also tested positive for Covid-19.
- Follow the comprehensive coverage of the Coronavirus pandemic in India on Business Insider India.
The ‘Red Princess’, known for her outspoken views and activism, is the first member of a royal family to succumb to Coronavirus.
The 89-year old died in Paris on March 27, according to a statement by her brother and Duke of Aranjuez, Prince Sixto Enrique de Borbon.
Spain is one of the worst-hit countries not just in Europe, but globally — second only to Italy. The country’s death toll has surged to 5,600 after a record 832 people died in a span of 24 hours.
The total number of infections in Spain now stands at a massive 72,248 in a population of 46.75 million. “If we are not already at the peak, we are very close,” said the head of Spain’s health emergency coordination center, Fernando Simon.
Other members of royal families
Britain’s Prince Charles tested positive for Coronavirus on March xx. According to officials, he had been “displaying mild symptoms but other remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”
The 71-year old has been quarantined at the royal family’s home in Scotland on the Balmoral estate. His wife, Camilla, tested negative for the virus.
Charles met with Prince Albert II of Monaco on March 10, who has since also tested positive for the virus. The 62-year old claims told RTL radio, “I was at a roundtable for his foundation, but we never shook hands. I was at the other end of table, way far way,” denying any claims that Charles may have infected him.
Harrowing pictures show hundreds of thousands of migrant workers flocking to state borders in India despite nationwide lock down
From Akshay Kumar, Guru Randhawa to Suresh Raina — All donations to PM-CARES fund against Coronavirus
You can now order Pizza as Domino's resumes contactless delivery in Delhi during the lock down
- Saudi Arabia reimposes 3 pm curfew in view of spike in COVID-19 cases
- Maha sees 2,739 new COVID-19 cases; death toll nears 3,000
- COVID infections breach 5,000 mark in Karnataka; 378 new cases and 280 discharges in a day
- Covid-19 infection linked to stroke in healthy young people: Study
- 'About 28,000 farmers affected in Pune due to recent cyclone'