TikTok star Bella Poarch said her new song 'Build A B*tch' was inspired by her experience of being bullied as a child
- Bella Poarch released her first single "Build a B*tch" on Friday.
- Poarch is one of TikTok's biggest stars and is known for making its most-liked video.
- Poarch said that the song was inspired by childhood bullying and is meant to inspire confidence.
Bella Poarch, the TikTok star known for breaking the platform's record for most-liked video, has entered the music scene with her new single "Build a B*tch." A pop track with a toy flair, the song's lyrics focus on the demands women are subject to regarding appearance and personality.
Poarch said in a podcast appearance that the song traces back to her own history of facing bullying as a child.
Poarch has more than 66 million followers on the short-form video platform. Her ascent to TikTok stardom was swift, largely sparked by a viral lip-sync to Millie B's "M to the B" that's currently TikTok's most-liked video. Now, she's expanding her horizons with "Build a B*tch" and its accompanying music video.
Expounding on the theme of the song, the video shows Poarch and guest stars, including streamer and internet personality Valkyrae and former porn star Mia Khalifa, as floating heads attached to doll-like bodies that are available for customization and purchase. Eventually, the women revolt, storming the store and setting it on fire.
Poarch promoted the new song alongside Valkyrae, whose real name is Rachell Hofstetter, on "The CouRage and Nadeshot Show," a 100 Thieves podcast hosted by the gaming company's CEO Matt Haag and co-owner Jack Dunlop. Poarch spoke about the new single and the inspiration behind it during Thursday's podcast episode.
"Growing up I used to get bullied and stuff, how I look like," Poarch said on the podcast, saying that she had wanted to become a singer since she was a child. "I wanted my first song to have a good meaning to it and to help a lot of people just to be more confident about themselves."
On Twitter, she also spoke about the personal significance of the song, thanking her fans for their support. "this song isnt just any song. it means the world to me," she wrote on Friday. "my whole life no one has ever believed in me. i just had to believe in myself."
-Bella Poarch (@bellapoarch) May 14, 2021
"Build a B*tch" has amassed over 5 million views on YouTube less than 12 hours after its premiere. In addition to Valkyrae and Khalifa, it features cameo appearances from online creators Larri "Larray" Merritt, ZHC, Dina, Sub Urban, Bretman Rock, and Rakhim.
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore