Viral TikToks show unique items available at Italian McDonald's, including a mini block of parmesan cheese and Nutella muffins
- TikTok creators are filming the unique
Mcdonald's menuitems available in Italy.
- Viewers were particularly surprised by a small block of parmesan
cheeseavailable as a snack.
On TikTok, videos showing items that are sold at
In particular, viewers on TikTok said they were surprised to find out McDonald's customers in Italy can order a small 280-gram bar of parmesan cheese, which is called "Snack di Parmigiano Reggiano" on the McDonald's Italy menu.
On March 30, a TikTok creator with the username @_amberjs posted a video with an on-screen caption that read, "Things in Italian McDonald's that just make sense."
In the video, she films the ordering machine inside what appears to be a McDonald's restaurant, showing a picture of the parmesan snack. The video has 3.3 million views, and is the creator's most-viewed video by far, as her other TikToks received hundreds or thousands of views each.
Many commenters under the video said they wanted to see the creator buy and review the cheese. The creator commented under the TikTok that she "flew back" from Italy before she could get a chance to do this. The official McDonald's TikTok account also commented on @amberjs's post, saying "when in Rome."
Other creators have also been going viral in recent months for showing
On March 31, a woman named Casey William posted a video where she appeared to be sitting inside McDonald's, rating different snacks she was eating. The video now has 3.6 million views and is the most viewed video on the creator's account.
@caseygwilliam i will not stop until we try every mcdonald’s in the world #mcdonalds #foodie #italy #milano #GameTok #fyp #foryoupage #DayMeNightMe ♬ Che La Luna - Louis Prima
Among the items in the video was a pastry stuffed with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce, which are called "Panzerotti" on the McDonald's Italy menu. William also filmed a dessert muffin filled with Nutella, an Italian chocolate-hazelnut spread. The dessert is called "McCrunchy bread with Nutella" on the McDonald's Italy menu.
Commenters from around the world seemed surprised to see how different the menu items in Italy are, with people who said they were based in Germany and Africa saying they did not have access to these products where they live.
@lionfieldmusic Parmesan cheese at McDonald’s @Ario Bar #lionfieldmusic #comedy #mcdonalds #parmesan #italian ♬ L'Italiano - Toto Cutugno
In December 2021, an Italian music duo known as "Lionfield Music," went viral on TikTok for filming themselves going to what appeared to be a McDonald's drive-thru in Italy and ordering the parmesan snack bar. The video now has 18 million views.
As previously reported by Insider, McDonald's tailors its menu to the location of the restaurant. The fast-food company has 36,000 restaurants across more than 100 countries.
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- 86-year-old removes ‘retirement’ from his dictionary to become a startup founder
- Two Indian-born mathematicians US, Canada get Padma awards
- Equal-weight index: For diversified investments with low volatility
- I wish we move ahead unitedly, PM Modi extends greetings on country's 74th Republic Day
- R-Day: Traffic islands, roundabouts in Lutyens' Delhi decked up with artistic floral designs