Mukesh Ambani’s youngest son Anant Ambani who said “Reliance meri jaan hai” joins Jio Platforms as Director
Anant Ambaniis the youngest son of Mukesh Ambani, the current chairman and managing director of Reliance Industries.
- Anant, who has stayed away from his family business so far, has joined Jio Platforms as an additional director.
- Delivering his first keynote speech, Anant Ambani said, “Reliance meri jaan hai”.
But who is Anant Ambani? The 25-year old is the third child of Mukesh and Nita Ambani. He’s the latest in the Ambani family to join the business, delivering a keynote speech at the birth anniversary of his late grandfather and RIL founder Dhirubhai Ambani.
“India should lead the change and Reliance should be at the forefront of that change. Reliance meri jaan hai (Reliance is my life),” he said during his speech.
Anant Ambani spent most of his life at Jamnagar, Gujarat. He studied at the Dhirubhai Ambani International School and completed his graduation from Brown University in 2017.
He lost a whopping 108 kilos in 18 months
Anant is known for being involved in social activities with his mother. But most prominently, he’s known for his drastic weight loss – he lost 108 kilos in less than 18 months.
Anant has a history of chronic asthma, and the medication he took for this was the reason behind his massive weight gain. He shed the flab with a combination of dietary changes and a strict exercise regimen of 5-6 hours a day.
Anantvilas, a luxury resort by The Oberoi Group, is named after him
The Oberoi Group, known for its luxury hotels across and outside the country, announced its first urban luxury resort in September last year.
Called Oberoi Anantvilas, the resort is named after Anant Ambani. The resort is located in a real estate corridor owned and operated by Reliance Industries and the Maker group.
Joining the family business
While his elder siblings Isha and Akash had joined the family business early and delivered speeches during the launch of the Jio Phone 2, Anant stayed away so far.
Now at the age of 25 years, he joins Isha and Akash as an additional director on the board of Jio Platforms.
Meet the new generation of Ambanis — Isha, Akash, Anant, Anshul and Anmol
Mukesh Ambani may not be done selling stake in Jio even after one-sixth of the telco is already out of his hands
How to apply for RIL rights issue shares
- India successfully test-fires its supersonic BrahMos cruise missile off the coast of Odisha
- dentsu Play and WATConsult's latest innovation for Tata Nexon helps the brand target premium, behind-the-paywall audience on OTT platforms
- On International Podcast Day, these Indian entrepreneurs have launched a marketplace for podcasters and advertisers to connect
- These are the latest government job openings at UPSC, GAIL, HAL and other departments
- Chemcon trades at over 111% grey market premium ahead of listing tomorrow