This resume for Elon Musk proves you never, ever need to use more than one page
AP Photo/Jack Plunkett
Let's say your accomplishments range from creating an electronic payments industry to invigorating the solar energy market to inventing high-performance electric cars to launching a commercial space and rocket industry.All of that would surely need a couple of pages to explain on a resume, right?
They created a sample resume for Musk to prove "even a highly successful career like his can be presented in a one page résumé," cofounder Andrei Kurtuy tells Business Insider.Now, there's a few tongue-in-cheek elements to this resume that you wouldn't want to copy for your own resume. For instance, in a list of "Skills and competencies," one of his skills is "micromanaging."
Musk is famous for his high standards, and he has a reputation as a rough guy to work for. He once described himself as a "nano-manager," a play-on-words meaning he's even more controlling than a micro-manager. ("I have OCD on product-related issues. I only see what's wrong. I never see what's right. It's not a recipe for happiness," was how he explained his management style).This resume also includes a four-level rating system in which some of the skills listed are not rated at a full four bars. You might want to reconsider that idea before adopting it.Still, it proves that with the right design, you never, ever, need more than one page for a resume.
- How to take screenshot on your Iphone
- How to change theme of your Instagram chat
- Larsen & Toubro sees a slowdown in new orders in the first three months of 2021 — management says contracts have been deferred
- Delhi plans to add 1,200 ICU beds in a day or two while daily Covid deaths drop to less than 300
- There is an online discount on the new Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme opening on Monday priced at ₹4,777 per gram