This resume for Elon Musk proves you never, ever need to use more than one page
AP Photo/Jack Plunkett
Let's say your accomplishments range from creating an electronic payments industry to invigorating the solar energy market to inventing high-performance electric cars to launching a commercial space and rocket industry.
All of that would surely need a couple of pages to explain on a resume, right?
Not at all, say the experts at online resume-writing firm Novorésumé, who believe in the less-is-more concept for writing resumes.
They created a sample resume for Musk to prove "even a highly successful career like his can be presented in a one page résumé," cofounder Andrei Kurtuy tells Business Insider.
Now, there's a few tongue-in-cheek elements to this resume that you wouldn't want to copy for your own resume. For instance, in a list of "Skills and competencies," one of his skills is "micromanaging."
Musk is famous for his high standards, and he has a reputation as a rough guy to work for. He once described himself as a "nano-manager," a play-on-words meaning he's even more controlling than a micro-manager. ("I have OCD on product-related issues. I only see what's wrong. I never see what's right. It's not a recipe for happiness," was how he explained his management style).
This resume also includes a four-level rating system in which some of the skills listed are not rated at a full four bars. You might want to reconsider that idea before adopting it.
Still, it proves that with the right design, you never, ever, need more than one page for a resume.
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Durex takes down its latest social media post on the bus scene from Netflix’s Sex Education after internet users call it ‘insensitive’
- Three reasons why this might be a good time to buy Bitcoin
- Sony ZV-E10 vlogging camera with interchangeable lens launched in India
- US, India, Japan, Australia to sign pact for stepping up chip production, reduce dependence on China
- Here’s how to schedule an email in Gmail