India is giving out free visas for half a million tourists
- The total financial implication of the free tourist visa plan would be ₹100 crore.
- The free visa will be available to a tourist, only once, coming to
- Indian government has also announced a loan guarantee scheme for registered tour guides.
AdvertisementThe government of India is offering free tourist
India’s Finance Minister
The benefits will be available only once per tourist, Sitharaman added. The total financial implication of the move is expected to be ₹100 crore. The finance minister also added that 10.93 million foreign tourists visited India in 2019 and spent $30 billion on leisure and business.
Besides this, the union government has also announced financial support to more than 11,000 registered tourist guides, and travel and tourism stakeholders. For instance, about 10,700 regional level tourist guides and travel and tourism stakeholders will be offered loans under 100% guarantee schemes.
These guides should be registered with the
Overall, Sitharaman has also announced a ₹1 trillion loan guarantee scheme for COVID-19 affected sectors like healthcare. In addition, the minister has announced an additional ₹1.5 trillion to the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS), which provides coverage to the banks, non-banking financial institutions (NBFCs) and other lending institutions.
The relief package announced today is for stressed loans through the credit guarantee scheme, which facilitates loans of up to ₹1.25 lakh per individual. The scheme aims to cover 25 lakh people through micro finance institutions (MFIs). The interest rate on each of these loans from banks is capped at marginal cost of funds-based lending rate (MCLR) plus 2%.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announces over ₹1 trillion loan guarantee scheme for COVID-19 affected sectors such as healthcare
Tiger Global overtakes Sequoia as the top investor in Indian unicorns in 2021
KIMS IPO: Stock listed at over 20% premium, loses initial gains after soaring to ₹1059 per share
Popular on BI
- Fuel your morning: Wholesome South Indian breakfast ideas for health
- Vodafone Idea shares tumble 14%, mcap erodes ₹10,806.7 cr
- National parties declare income of ₹3,077 cr in 2022-23; BJP has highest share
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs
- Multiplexes' revenue growth to dip to 15% in FY25 as OTTs crimp profit margins