23 Medical Uses Of Marijuana
While recreational marijuana is controversial, many people agree with Gupta's new stance, and believe that the drug should be legal for medical uses.
While the benefits of smoking pot may be overstated by advocates of marijuana legalization, the new legalization will help researchers study the drugs' medicinal uses, and better understand how it impacts the body.
Keep in mind, though, that there are negative effects of smoking too much pot or using it for non-medicinal purposes. When overused or abused, pot can cause dependency and mess with your memory and emotions.
There are at least two active chemicals in Marijuana that researchers think have medicinal application. Those are cannabidiol (CBD) - which seems to impact the brain without a high- and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) - which has pain relieving properties.
Also keep in mind that these same health benefits can be gained by taking THC pills, Dronabinol, which in some ways is more effective than smoked marijuana.
Randy Astaiza contributed to an earlier version of this story.
- Beijing says it's 'natural' for the US to 'feel sour' after Boeing loses out to Airbus on $37 billion China plane deal
- This start-up creates ‘green’ water out of thin air and sells it at ₹4 per liter
- Coinbase-backed Indian crypto exchange Vauld suspends trading, deposits and withdrawals amid market downturn
- Best sandwich makers in India
- Orange alerts issued to 3 states by the weather department – what does it mean?
- Best moisturizer for face in India for daily use
- You can pre-book iPhone 14 even before its launch, only if you are willing to pay $9,520 for it
- Twitter seeks judicial review against new content blocking directives from the IT Ministry