6 scientific tricks for falling asleep
6 scientific tricks to fall asleep.
If you can't sleep, get out of bed. Experts say if you stress out in bed you'll associate negative feelings toward where you sleep. So go read a book on the couch.Turn off your phone! The blue light can trick your mind into thinking it's daytime. Give yourself 30 minutes before bed to unplug.
It sounds counter-intuitive, but try to stay awake. It's easier to sleep when you're not obsessing over it. One study shows obsessing over staying awake has the opposite effect.Stick to a routine. The more consistently you set your bedtime the quicker your body recognizes it's time to shut down.
Do something mindless. Experts recommend counting backwards from 100 in multiples of 3. The more bored you are, the faster you'll fall asleep.Sweet dreams!
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit