There are 3 body shapes - here's what each reveals about your health
What body shape are you?
Apple, Pear, or Hourglass. These are the 3 main body types, according to doctors. Which one you have can say a lot about your health and could explain why it's so hard to lose weight."Apples" carry extra weight around the waist.
The result is a higher risk of: Heart disease, High blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, Certain cancers like colon and uterine cancer.The upside? Visceral fat is the easiest type to get rid of with diet and exercise. So, "apples" often lose weight faster than other body shapes.
However, "pears" have a harder time losing weight.That's because "pears" store most excess fat in their lower half. This stubborn fat is commonly called "passive fat". While it's not as dangerous as visceral fat it places extra stress on the legs.This can increase the risk of: Varicose veins, Degenerative knee and leg joint diseases. The upside? "Pears" are at lower risk of the diseases that "apples" often face.
Then there are those shaped like an hourglass (for women) or rectangle (for men). These people tend to carry extra weight all over. That includes visceral fat around the midsection.
So, they're also at risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Luckily, diet and exercise can reduce the health risks.So which shape are you?
- Compound Interest Waiver Scheme applies to everyone but provides limited relief — Here’s everything you need to know
- Best budget truly wireless earbuds in India
- India is the most attractive emerging market for clean energy investment, says Prime Minister Modi
- Tata Motors may report loss for yet another quarter led by weak JLR sales, commercial vehicles’ pain
- Supreme Court jumps in for Amazon and Flipkart after Karnataka High Court remains mum on investigation against their anti-competitive practices for over 200 days