Tata Nexon EV coupe concept to be unveiled on April 6 — here’s what we know about it
Tata Passenger Electric Mobility Limited
- Tata Motors’ Nexon EV coupe concept was revealed in a video teaser.
- The company has planned to launch ten new EVs over the next five years.
Tata Nexon EVcoupe will rival MG ZS EV and Hyundai Kona EV.
AdvertisementTata Motors is ready to unveil its all-new electric SUV concept on April 6, 2022. The company has revealed teaser images before the launch. This debut also comes when Tata Motors has registered its highest-ever annual sales of 19,106 EVs - most of any carmaker in India.
The teaser video shows different design elements. The portion behind the C pillar, the front fog light structure, and headlights that are giving aggressive feel. One of the interesting detail was the rear spoiler which gives it a coupe roofline like look. These details suggest that the upcoming car can be a concept on which the upcoming Nexon Coupe EV will be based, but we'll have to wait until its debut.
Design and technical details
The upcoming Nexon coupe will compete with midsize SUVs. Following its predecessor, all new electric Nexon may come with a 50mm longer wheelbase. There are no details on the powertrain but it is safe to assume the Nexon Coupe will be packed with the same electric motor but with a larger 40kWh battery pack to give a long mileage.
We can expect Nexon to have some tasteful roof rails running down its coupe-style roof line as shown in the teaser. It can also feature wheel covers which will reduce drag and increase range.
While little is known about the Tata Nexon EV coupe but we can expect that it will take on MG ZS EV and the Hyundai Kona EV in India. However, we can expect to see the Nexon Coupe in showrooms by 2024.
Edge Data Centres draw major investments as India moves closer to 5G rollout
Upcoming cars expected to launch in April 2022
Hero Motocorp shares decline as income tax raids dented company's image
Popular on BI
- Towards a brighter tomorrow: India's G20 Presidency and the dawn of a new multilateralism
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December