Tata Tiago EV to launch soon – could be the cheapest EV from the car maker
- The Tata
Tiago EVcould be one of the most affordable electric cars in India.
- The Tiago EV is expected to launch later this month, with reports suggesting that it could be priced between ₹10-12 lakh.
- Here’s everything we know about the upcoming Tata Tiago EV.
AdvertisementTata Motors is set to introduce a new electric car, the Tiago EV, in India in the coming weeks. The company, during the EV Day 2022 celebrations, revealed that the company’s new electric car would be launching soon.
Tata could be targeting the affordable EV segment with the Tiago EV – it will be the new entry point in Tata’s EV portfolio. Some reports also suggest that it could be one of the most affordable EVs in the country, but we will know for sure only after the official launch of the electric car, which is expected to happen sometime later this month.
“Today is a momentous occasion for us, as we announce the expansion of our EV portfolio further with a new mainstream intervention from the stable of Tata Motors, the Tiago EV,” Tata Motors passenger vehicles division’s managing director Shailesh Chandra said.
The Tiago EV will be based on the Tiago ICE hatchback, which is currently available in two fuel variants – petrol and CNG. The car was initially launched in 2018 and is currently available in 14 different trims.
Expanding Tata’s EV line-up
Electric vehicles have witnessed an increased adoption over the past two years – rising fuel prices and increased awareness about EVs have helped grow EV sales across the country.
The Tiago EV, when launched, will be the fourth electric car in Tata’s portfolio, which already includes the Xpres-T EV, Tigor EV and the Nexon EV range. The Xpres-T EV is the most affordable of the lot, with a starting price of ₹9.75 lakh (ex-showroom).
Tata Tiago EV – expected features and specifications
Rumours also suggest that the Tiago EV could borrow Ziptron powertrain and split battery pack design from the Tigor EV.
Dandera launches OTUA, a 3-wheeler cargo EV with up to 300 km range
Here’s how much the iPhone 14, new Apple Watches and the AirPods Pro 2nd generation will cost in India
Here’s everything new on the iPhone 14 and 14 Pro — Dynamic island, satellite connectivity, always-on display and more
Popular on BI
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- RBI hikes repo rate by 50 bps, taking it to a three-year high of 5.9% – Das says inflation at ‘alarmingly high levels’ across jurisdictions
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know