Dandera launches OTUA, a 3-wheeler cargo EV with up to 300 km range
DanderaVentures has launched OTUA, a 3-wheeler cargo EV.
- The OTUA was first showcased in
Shark Tankand had received an investment from Ashneer Grover.
- OTUA has been priced starting at ₹3.5 lakh and it is now available for pre-booking.
AdvertisementDandera Ventures today launched its 3-wheeler cargo EV OTUA. If the name seems familiar, it’s because the company had first showcased the vehicle in the popular business reality show Shark Tank and even signed a deal with Ashneer Grover, the co-founder and former managing director of BharatPe.
The name OTUA is a wordplay on the traditional Auto that we see every day. However, the company is not launching a passenger vehicle and will focus only on the cargo segment.
“From world-class and industry-leading driver ergonomics and safety to outright performance in terms of range, volume, capacity; OTUA is the first cargo EV to offer an uncompromising vision of transitioning to sustainable mobility for the global logistics and last mile delivery industry,” Kshitij Bajaj, founder and chief executive officer of OTUA said in a statement.
OTUA price and availability
The OTUA has been priced starting at ₹3.5 lakh and goes up to ₹5.5 lakh. It is now available for pre-booking and the company has said that the deliveries will begin in the first quarter of 2023. Initially, the vehicle will be available in Delhi NCR, Maharashtra and Gujarat.
OTUA is a 3-wheeler cargo EV and comes with a range of up to 300 kms. The company has claimed that the base variant will offer a range of up to 165 km on a single charge and the top-end variant will offer a range of up to 300 km.
The OTUA is powered by a 12.8kW motor and has a carrying volume of 183CC and a capacity of 900 kg. The company has claimed that it is the highest load carrying capacity in the industry.
The OTUA is an air-conditioned vehicle and comes with a spacious cabin for the driver.
Dandera has said that the vehicle has been designed for logistics companies and for last-mile deliveries. However, it has not revealed if its plans to partner with any of the existing companies.
Here’s how much the iPhone 14, new Apple Watches and the AirPods Pro 2nd generation will cost in India
Here’s everything new on the iPhone 14 and 14 Pro — Dynamic island, satellite connectivity, always-on display and more
Mahindra XUV 400 electric SUV unveiled — check expected price, range, and more
Popular on BI
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- RBI hikes repo rate by 50 bps, taking it to a three-year high of 5.9% – Das says inflation at ‘alarmingly high levels’ across jurisdictions
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know