Upcoming new scooters in India in 2023
- Scooters are among the popular vehicles in India and the market is dominated by companies like Honda, TVS and Suzuki.
- Automakers are expected to launch 2023 variants of their popular scooters, offering upgrades and improved designs.
- Activa 7G, TVS Jupiter and a new Burgman Street are among the scooters expected to launch in India in 2023.
AdvertisementScooters are the preferred mode of transport for a lot of people in the country, especially for shorter trips in the city. 2022 saw established players like Honda, TVS and Suzuki launch new iterations of their popular scooters Activa, Jupiter and Access, respectively.
The year 2023 is also expected to witness multiple launches, offering customers several new options to choose from. At a time when electric scooters are becoming popular, it will be interesting to see what internal combustion engine (ICE) scooters are launched in 2023.
In this post, we look at the
Upcoming scooters expected to launch in India in 2023
Honda Activa 7G
The Honda Activa is one of the most loved scooters in the country and it is expected to get a new model in 2023, dubbed as the Activa 7G. The design is expected to mostly remain the same as the Activa 6G. It is anticipated that the company will equip a digital instrument cluster in the upcoming scooter. Similar to Activa 6G, the 7G model will most probably be equipped with a 109.51 cc engine that can generate 7.68 bhp of power. It is expected to offer a mileage of 50 km per litre.
The TVS Jupiter line-up has become a formidable competitor to the Activa in just a few years. TVS is expected to launch updated variants of its Jupiter range, which includes the basic Jupiter, Jupiter ZX, Jupiter Classic and the top-end Jupiter 125 in 2023. While most features and specifications are expected to remain the same as the current models, the upcoming Jupiter may get certain design upgrades.
Suzuki Access is another popular scooter that has been dominating the 125cc segment. Suzuki is expected to launch an upgraded Access in 2023 to compete with Activa and Jupiter. The company is expected to offer design upgrades and an improvement in the digital cluster. The scooter is expected to use the same 124 cc air-cooled engine as the present model.
Suzuki Burgman Street 125EX
Suzuki has started teasing the launch of the 2023 Suzuki Burgman Street 125EX in India. The company is expected to launch the scooter in the first half of 2023 as the top-end variant in its Burgman line-up. The scooter features an improved design, a larger 12-inch rear tyre, silent starter, a 21.5 litre under seat storage and more.
Aprilia Maxi Scooter
Aprilia is expected to launch its Maxi Scooter, which will take on the Suzuki Burgman Street scooter, in India in 2023. The scooter was launched in China in July 2022 and is expected to be finally launched in India in 2023. The scooter is equipped with a 244 cc liquid-cooled engine that makes 26 hp of power and 22.5 Nm of peak torque. It will be a premium scooter and will be equipped with a 7-inch screen.
Best upcoming electric bikes in India in 2023
The iPhone 15 series is expected to feature a USB Type-C port, A17 chipset and a revamped design
Dyson’s futuristic air-purifying, noise-canceling headphones are ready to hit the market from January 2023
Popular on BI
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- Samsung Galaxy F54 5G: A top specs phone under Rs 30,000 but with fast charging still a miss
- TCS looking to grab opportunities arising due to global shifts in energy and supply chain, says Chandrasekaran
- Maruti Suzuki Jimny vs Honda Elevate – Which SUV suits your need
- LinkedIn introduces ID Verification feature for Indian users
- Ivan Menezes, India-born CEO of Johnnie Walker whisky's maker Diageo, passes away