Indian government extends work from home norms for IT and BPO companies till the end of the year
- The time period for work from home was expiring on July 31.
- Currently, around 85 per cent of the IT workforce is working from home and only those performing critical functions are going to offices.
- In March, the DoT relaxed certain norms for OSPs till April 30 to facilitate work from home (WFH) amid the
coronaviruspandemic which was further extended till July 31.
The government on Tuesday said it has extended connectivity norms for work from home for IT and BPO companies till December 31.The time period for work from home was expiring on July 31.
"DoT has further extended the relaxations in the terms and conditions for other service providers up to 31st December 2020 to facilitate work from home in view of the ongoing concern due to COVID-19," the Department of Telecommunications said in a late night tweet.
Currently, around 85 per cent of the IT workforce is working from home and only those performing critical functions are going to offices.
In March, the DoT relaxed certain norms for OSPs till April 30 to facilitate work from home (WFH) amid the coronavirus pandemic which was further extended till July 31.
Confirmed cases of coronavirus in India has crossed 11.55 lakh with 28,084 people losing their lives till Tuesday.
The COVID-19 vaccine from Oxford and Astrazeneca shows 'promising' results in early human trials
From Intel and Wipro to TCS and Google— Here are the top job openings in the multinational companies
OnePlus Nord launch price, specs and more – Everything we know about the upcoming affordable OnePlus smartphone
- Amazon's India foray into medicine delivery is in-line with its global healthcare bets
- Amid tensions with China, US stealth bombers are back at a secretive Indian Ocean base for first time in years
- Hubble Space Telescope images explain why Betelgeuse was fading and how the monster star is not going to explode — just yet
- Bharat Petroleum reports 93% increase in its standalone net profit for April-June quarter
- WHO is talking to Russia to know more about their coronavirus vaccine