TCS beats Accenture to become the world’s most valuable IT services company — but this not the first time it has raced ahead
Tata Consultancy Services(TCS) isn’t just the most valued IT services company in India, but globally too after its share price hit a new high on Thursday.
- TCS is now worth over $144 billion, surpassing
Accenturemarket capitalisation of $143 billion.
- The last time TCS beat out Accenture was in 2018, but IBM was leading the market at the time.
AdvertisementTata Consultancy Services (TCS) has zoomed past Accenture to become the
Back in 2018, IBM was at the top of the market with 300% more revenue than TCS, followed by Accenture in second place.
However, in April that year, TCS touched the $100 billion valuation mark and overtook Accenture’s market cap.
Now the tables have switched, with IBM in third place. TCS is worth $144.73 billion on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), and Accenture’s market capitalisation on NASDAQ is a sliver lower at $143.4 billion.
TCS’ stock closed over 3% higher on Thursday, October 8.
“This is very commendable as almost all of its performance has come on the back organic growth, low employee attrition and high EBIT margins,” said Nirmal Bang in its report.
IT stocks on a tear
IT stocks have been rallying since the Indian IT services behemoth announced its second-quarter earnings on Tuesday. In a strong quarter, TCS quarterly revenue was up 4.8%, and profit grew by nearly 7% over the last three months.
The company’s board of directors also approved a share buyback worth ₹16,000 crore, a move which some expect other IT industries to follow. Wipro has already announced that it has already put a proposal up in front of its directors that will be discussed during the October 13 meeting, ahead of its earnings.
India's consumer affairs minister Ram Vilas Paswan passes way at 74
Mars will appear bigger, redder, and brighter on October 13 — and won’t get this close to Earth again until 2035
Zomato adds Baba ka Dhaba on its platform – asks users to help get local restaurants listed
Popular on BI
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Indoor lifestyle & bad diet is leading to Vitamin D deficiency: Tata 1mg study
- Children's 'rushed' immune response makes them susceptible to Covid reinfection: Study
- Google makes changes to Android and Google Play services in India after CCI setback
- 'Padma Shri' honour encapsulates my entire body of work: Raveena Tandon
- PMV Electric car with no front passenger seat enters Shark Tank but exits with no deal