JioMart gets ready for its festive sale debut amidst tough competition from Amazon and Flipkart
- The barely one-year old JioMart will pose a tough competition to Amazon and Flipkart's years of experience.
- JioMart has recently forayed into fashion, consumer electronics while it continues to bet on the grocery segment.
- But it's experiments come right before the festive season – with Diwali and Dussehra around the corner.
JioMart has recently forayed into fashion, consumer electronics while it continues to bet on the grocery segment. And it's experiments with fashion come right before the festive season – with Diwali and Dussehra around the corner.
With the year having seen tepid retail sales so far, the festive push is what every e-commerce platform will be gunning for.
AdvertisementSale, sale, sale
Reliance’s recent acquisition of Future Retail and its existing apparel offerings through Reliance Trends, Ajio.com are sure to back up JioMart’s offerings. According to an ET report, JioMart is also getting ready with deep discounts across fashion and consumer electronics to counter Amazon and Flipkart’s sales.
JioMart will be able to leverage its partner brands to offer deals and discounts.
|Reliance’s e-commerce offerings|
While JioMart just concluded its ‘Festive Ready Sale’ from October 2nd-4th, more sale events from the platform are said to be on the cards. Meanwhile, Flipkart is getting ready with its marquee festive event – Big Billion Day sale, set to begin on October 16. Amazon, too is going to announce the dates for its Great Indian Shopping Festival soon.
Ramping up grocery
But that’s not it. While diversifying its offerings across categories, JioMart is also doubling down on its grocery segment. According to reports, JioMart is also working on a subscription-based model for dairy delivery – quite similar to MilkBasket and Big Basket offerings.
It's also reportedly working on private label offerings – a path that its peers in grocery BigBasket and Grofers have already taken up successfully.
Reliance ditches Viacom18 merger talks with Sony – has its eyes set on building India's No.1 OTT and broadcast platform
Vijay Shekhar Sharma fires the shots – Paytm launches its own Android mini-app store to take on Google
- ICAI reschedules CA November 2020 exam in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry due to the Nivar cyclone
- Zerodha’s investment fund pumps in ₹10 crore in an enterprise resource planning platform ERPNext
- PM-CM meet: Kejriwal blames Covid spike on pollution, Mamata demands GST dues
- The Minimalist onboards over 45 new clients, brings in new hires, appraisals, and incentives to motivate employees and adapt with new normal
- COVID-19: One crore frontline healthcare workers identified to receive vaccine in first phase