Gautam Adani is now as wealthy as Bill Gates – rally in Adani group companies makes him the fourth richest person in the world
- The extended bull run in Adani group companies has propelled Gautam Adani as the fourth richest person in the world.
- Gautam Adani is now tied with Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates.
- Adani added nearly two-thirds to his wealth in 2022 alone.
AdvertisementGautam Adani is now the fourth richest person in the world, tying with Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates.
The continued bull run in Adani group companies’ stocks has helped Gautam Adani blaze past giants like Mukesh Ambani, Warren Buffett, Google cofounders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, among others.
According to Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Gautam Adani’s wealth stood at $125 billion, same as that of Bill Gates. This has been helped by a boost of over $6 billion yesterday alone.
|Rank||Name||Current wealth||Last change||Year-to-date|
|1||Elon Musk||$252 billion||-$5.5 billion||-$18.5 billion|
|2||Jeff Bezos||$164 billion||-$6.8 billion||-$28.8 billion|
|3||Bernard Arnault||$134 billion||-$1.9 billion||-$43.7 billion|
|4||Bill Gates||$125 billion||-$1.7 billion||-$13.1 billion|
|5||Gautam Adani||$125 billion||$6.3 billion||$48.3 billion|
Source: Bloomberg Billionaires Index, as of April 27, 2022
On the other hand, according to Forbes Real Time Billionaires list, Gautam Adani is still the fifth richest person with a wealth of $129 billion, while Bill Gates’ wealth is marginally higher at $129.4 billion.
Adani added two-thirds to his wealth in 2022 alone
Nothing explains Gautam Adani’s meteoric rise in the list of the world’s richest persons like this stat – his wealth surged by nearly two-thirds since the beginning of 2022.
According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Gautam Adani added $48.3 billion to his wealth in 2022. At the end of 2021, Adani’s wealth stood at $76.7 billion.
In contrast, the top four – Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Bernard Arnault and Bill Gates – all of them were in the red, with Arnault losing the most at $43.7 billion.
If Adani continues at the current pace, he could become the world’s third richest person by the end of this week.
Top 100 richest people in the world: Some interesting facts
Bought Twitter shares in India? Here’s what will happen after Elon Musk’s acquisition and Twitter going private
Adani Green is now more valuable than State Bank of India – here's why
Popular on BI
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip