Hear from the fashion icon Sabyasachi, on the concept of luxury and the future of fashion, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Register for the
Global Trends Festivalhere.
From the most famous actress in the country and the uber-rich to the middle-class professional, they all have one thing in common - every woman wants to be a ‘
The creative genius from Kolkata, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, has changed how Indians dress or want to dress. And from his stunning collection launched at India Fashion Week in 2002 to working on a global collaboration with the Swedish retail giant H&M this year, he has set new trends and carved his own path, filled with accolades.
Sabyasachi now heads a multi-million dollar enterprise. And in time, the 45-year-old designer aspires to build the brand into the ‘Chanel of India.’ Sabyasachi has already launched a couture jewellery line and soon plans to expand into shoes, perfumes, and more.
Synonymous with ‘bridal wear,’ this multiple awards winning designer is also known for introducing many contemporary clothing styles for men and women alike. And they all have a common thread, what he describes as an ‘Indian soul.’
Sabyasachi, who calls himself a textile designer instead of a fashion designer, has also made headlines by changing his marketing strategy - from fashion shows to Instagram. Over three million of his followers get a glimpse of his designs and prices, which strike a chord with young millennial Indians.
At the Global Trends Festival 2020, Sabyasachi will talk about the future of fashion, what luxury means to him, and how to change Indians’ mindset from saving culture to splurging. He is an authority on the subject as he inspired many young women to diligently save money only to spend on his gorgeous lehengas for their special day.
Catch Lord Adair Turner, the technocrat who is devising ways and means to move towards a zero-carbon economy, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Catch Kiran Mazumdar Shaw at the Global Trends Festival 2020, speak about unlocking India's suppressed potential
Hear and learn from Byju Raveendran, the man who made online classes fun, years before COVID, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
- OPINION: “I would bet on Novovax,” a doctor’s take on how to make the COVID-19 vaccine jabs more effective
- Aishwarya Pissay, a champion motorcyclist, describes what it takes to ace the circuit
- Mandatory 14-days quarantine for Delhi residents returning from Kumbh Mela, says Delhi Disaster Management Authority
- Check out the youngest players in IPL 2021
- JEE Mains entrance exam postponed amid surge in COVID-19 cases