Catch Lord Adair Turner, the technocrat who is devising ways and means to move towards a zero-carbon economy, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Register for the Global
Lord Adair Turner has held many roles -- that of a former financial regulator, an economics professor, and of course a part of the House of Lords. However, he calls himself a technocrat, and true to his word; he has been building consensus amongst industry and governments for a zero-carbon emission society.
Concerning India, he has dispelled many myths surrounding a slowing economy and investment in a sustainable future. He believes that going green will not add any significant excess pressure financially for governments and industry alike.
Turner, who is known for a large scale pension reform in the UK, has also been expressing concern over the lack of sufficient jobs to engage the working-age population of Indians in the future. According to him, working towards a zero-carbon economy can kill two birds at one shot -- create sustainability and create jobs, especially in a country with many young people.
He has been advocating recycling of steel and reducing photovoltaics' price to bring green energy on par with coal production as some of the measures to lower emissions. He expressed confidence that green energy costs will equal fossil fuel generation in about a decade or so.
At the Global Trends Festival 2020,
Catch Kiran Mazumdar Shaw at the Global Trends Festival 2020, speak about unlocking India's suppressed potential
Hear and learn from Byju Raveendran, the man who made online classes fun, years before COVID, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Guenter Butschek will speak about the much needed electric push towards a greener future at the Global Trends Festival
Popular on BI
- OPINION: How good is a bad bank likely to be?
- How to book Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam tickets online
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma gets nearly half of new shares as Paytm doubles its ESOP pool ahead of IPO
- Reliance Jio powers ahead of its competitors as India’s broadband connections go past 800 million
- RCB vs CSK: Virat Kohli, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ruturaj Gaikwad and Deepak Chahar will be key players to watch