Panasonic joins the electric vehicle market; plans to invest $4.9 billion in EV batteries and supply chain software
The Japanese company said to achieve its future goals, the group is to invest 400 billion yen (nearly $3.26 billion) in "growth areas" and 200 billion yen (about $1.63 billion) in "technology pillars" respectively in three years, from fiscal 2023 to 2025.
As part of the company's medium and long-term growth strategy, it will invest in automotive battery area, supply chain software area, air quality and air conditioning area, hydrogen energy and
"While maintaining financial discipline, the group is to make group-wide strategic investments with the cash generated through enhancement of competitiveness, as well as the investments made by each operating company," the company added.
It is also targeting an accumulated operating profit of 1.5 trillion yen over the period.
The group aims to reduce the impact of over 300 million tonnes of CO2, which are equal to approximately 1 per cent of total global emissions (as of today) by 2050.
Last year, the company closed a $7 billion acquisition deal with supply chain AI software provider Blue Yonder.
Earlier, Panasonic formed a joint venture with
WhatsApp might soon limit forwarding messages to groups to curb the spread of misinformation
HDFC, HDFC Bank announce merger of India’s largest housing finance company with the largest private bank
Popular on BI
- A teacher who quit and took a job at Costco says life is much better now — she has a life, can pay her bills and finally sleeps at night
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Best entry-level smartphones in India for 2023
- Samsung to manufacture premium Galaxy S23 smartphones in India
- Samsung launches four new laptops in the Galaxy Book3 series with a bigger display and new processor
- Social isolation linked to dementia risk factors says a study in Canada
- Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra priced starting at ₹74,999 in India