Watch out for Prajakta Koli, the social media queen at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Get your tickets now from BookMyShow.
With over 5.5 million subscribers on Youtube and 2.6 million Instagram followers, this internet sensation has warmed her way into our hearts with her classic and relatable comic sketches.
In 2015, a 22-year-old girl showed India’s cultural and linguistic diversity using the most spoken language in our country, Hindi. Her quirky video was on ten words (in Hindi, no doubt) that Delhiites use and how it would shock Mumbaikars. One of the words is sandasi, in the north refers to the kitchen tool (pincer) used to hold hot vessels. But, in Mumbai, it’s used to describe a commode. Needless to say, it went viral, and Prajakta Koli, who was a Radio Jockey (RJ) then, quit to become a professional YouTuber.
From a RJ to becoming a social media sensation
This young trailblazer is also known for her campaigns on youth-centric issues. She has been invited by the Obama Foundation to raise awareness on social campaigns, including the importance of girl education. Fondly dubbed as the Queen of content, her journey started while she was doing the job she always dreamed of, radio jockeying. However, she soon realized that it lacked facetime and did not compliment her many talents as a performer.
And serendipity played its part. While making an Instagram video, she was spotted by the VP of One Digital Entertainment, who convinced her to start her own YouTube channel, MostlySane. And as they say, the rest is history and a lot of hard work. She gained over a million followers in no time and has also done some collaborations on Girlyaapa with PA Girls the web series. She is a celebrity in her own right, and what sets her apart is how she approaches and produces her content. Koli believes that videos' format should be simple without using fancy cameras and remain grounded.
At the Global Trends festival, the influencer will share the stage with Farid Ahsan, the co-founder of ShareChat and Kavin Mittal, the CEO of Hike Messenger, on bringing the next 200 million Indians to shop online. After all, Koli knows the pulse of many young Indians and what they want.
Watch Uber’s APAC head Pradeep Parameswaran open up about sustainable mobility for all at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Sadhguru at Global Trends Festival 2020: Simplifying Sustainability
Watch out for OYO’s billionaire founder Ritesh Agarwal talking tech at Global Trends Festival 2020
- K'taka health minister defends Covaxin, says it's safe
- Expert panel recommends Phase 1 trial of nasal Covid-19 vaccine (IANS Exclusive, Lead)
- Bombay High Court permits Sebamed ads targeting Dove with no changes and asks to put an end on Lux’s comparison with Rin
- Vaccine hesitancy among healthcare workers must end: Govt
- Software firm Magenic is the third acquisition of Cognizant in January this year