Sadhguru at Global Trends Festival 2020: Simplifying Sustainability
Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Get your tickets now from BookMyShow.
Sadhguru, a yogi, mystic and a visionary who established Isha Foundation nearly 30 years ago, is one of India’s popular contemporary gurus. His appeal transcends age, race, religion, gender and ethnicity.
Sadhguru has an intimate involvement with nature and understanding of how human life is inextricably woven with the elements. This has guided many of Isha’s ecological initiatives. He launched Rally for Rivers (RfR) in 2017 to raise awareness about India’s dying rivers. It is currently implementing two on-ground river revitalization efforts — Cauvery Calling in the Cauvery river basin and Waghadi River Revitalization project in Yavatmal district of Maharashtra. The projects are designed to make them self-sustaining, scalable and replicable models for tropical regions globally.
Isha’s grassroots programme, Project GreenHands launched in 2004 has helped plant over 38 million trees across Tamil Nadu and has contributed to the state’s marginal increase in green cover. The ‘Save the Weave’ project aims to encourage the world to embrace conscious clothing choices and convert at least 50% of their wardrobe into natural fibers. Synthetic fiber is said to be one of the largest contaminants of soil and water resources on the planet.
“The planet is not in any kind of danger. It is only human life which is in danger. I hope we wake up to this fact and do what is needed. If humanity has to live for a long time, you have to think like the earth, act like the earth and be the earth, because that is what you are. I am always being asked by people, Why is a spiritual leader, a yogi, planting trees? Unfortunately, in human minds, we have compartmentalized our life in such a way that we are breaking up one and hoping that the other will live,” he says.
Sadhguru’s approach to ecological solutions involves raising human consciousness. He believes that humans must become conscious that their life and wellbeing are closely connected with the wellbeing of all other life forms on earth as told in his Conscious Planet initiative. According to him, ecological challenges appear complex but the solutions are simple which require determination and focus from the community.
Watch out for OYO’s billionaire founder Ritesh Agarwal talking tech at Global Trends Festival 2020
Don’t miss Ajay Piramal, a master deal maker with business in 30 countries, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Prashant Chandrasekar who went from Bengaluru to become the CEO of Stack Overflow will be at Global Trends Festival 2020
Popular on BI
- 7 Must visit temples in Andhra Pradesh
- Fuel your brain: 7 Foods to enhance mental sharpness during exam time
- I'm still the CEO, management remains unchanged: Byju Raveendran
- As many as 275 cases of rape in custody registered from 2017-22: NCRB
- Monthly household consumer spending more than doubled in last decade