Watch Sangita Reddy, President, FICCI, speak about women entrepreneurship and economic leadership at the Global Trends Festival 2020
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Register for the Global Trends Festival here.
Still, the youngest daughter of the legendary founder of Apollo Hospitals, Prathap Reddy, is not in unchartered waters. Apart from driving efforts from the healthcare perspective, she, along with FICCI, had devised a guideline called ‘Life After Lockdown’ as early as May. It included creating clusters for those going back to work, the creation of sick bays, and much more.
Fighting against adversities and working her way up the ranks is not new to her. She worked at Apollo Hospitals right out of college, leaving a hospital administration course incomplete. And in the 90s, when she came back from the US yet again to join her father’s company, it was not in the best of financial health. Their hospital was losing money, and the networth was ‘almost wiped out.’ Yet, slowly with marketing and other efforts, it repaid all the loans, and now it is amongst the top hospital chains in the country.
Reddy has since been actively involved in running many health campaigns about healthy eating and the hospital chain's many philanthropic initiatives. When the COVID pandemic gripped the nation, she spread awareness on plasma donation and sounded warning bells to governments and institutions to 'prepare for the next pandemic. She has also been worried about the effect Covid-19 has on the financial stability of women.
“The negative impact of the pandemic has been acute on women. Women-owned businesses, largely found in areas like tourism, education, beauty, designing, are amongst the hardest-hit segments,” she told Economic Times in an interview.
At the Global Trends festival, Reddy will speak on this subject of women entrepreneurs and their potential to bring about tangible change in the industry as well as society at large.
Watch out for Prajakta Koli, the social media queen at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Robert Lewandowski, named Europe’s Footballer of the Year 2019-20, will speak at the Business Insider Global Trends Festival
Watch Uber’s APAC head Pradeep Parameswaran open up about sustainable mobility for all at the Global Trends Festival 2020
DISCLAIMER: The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Best face wash for men in India
- Best exhaust fans for bathroom
- Best food processor in India in 2024
- Top rated 1.5 ton air conditioners in India 2024
- Top rated air conditioners for office in 2024
- Best affordable neckband earphones in India
- Best Bluetooth earphones with mic in India
- Best earphones under ₹500 in India
- Best earphones under ₹1,000 in India
- Best digital thermometers in India