Indian SaaS boom to continue as Indian startups are projected to raise $6.5 billion in 2022
- Indian SaaS companies are expected to raise a whopping $6.5 billion in 2022.
- Approximately 8-12 more SaaS companies are expected to turn unicorns this year.
- Such companies are expected to generate a revenue of $100 billion in the next four years.
AdvertisementThere is no denying that the Indian software-as-a-service (SaaS) industry has seen the best-recorded growth in the last two years, with the entry of companies like PostMan, MindTickle, Browserstack and many others into the unicorn club. Not only that but Girish Mathrubootham-led Freshworks also made a stellar debut on Nasdaq last year.
The same boom is expected to continue this year as well.
Indian SaaS companies are expected to raise a whopping $6.5 billion in 2022, a recent report by investment firm Chiratae Ventures and management consultancy firm Zinnov has revealed. This represents a 55% increase from the $4.2 billion that such companies raised in the previous year.
The report, titled ‘India SaaS: Punching through the global pecking order’, also mentioned that 1,150 Indian SaaS companies generated a revenue of $8 billion in 2021. The report also emphasized that Indian SaaS companies are poised to pocket $100 billion in revenue by 2026.
“Post surpassing UK this year in the number of SaaS unicorns, India is all set to leapfrog China and become the second-largest SaaS nation by 2026,” the report noted. A unicorn, in startup parlance, is a company valued at over a billion dollars.
India is currently home to 17 SaaS unicorns. About 15, or 90%, of which have achieved unicorn status in the last four years.
Source: India SaaS: Punching through the global pecking order
|Year||Total SaaS Unicorns||Names|
|Before 2012||2||InMobi, Zoho (Boot Strapped)|
|2020||3||Highradius, Postman, Zenoti|
|2021||5||Innovaccer, Gupshup, chargebee, MindTickle, Browserstack|
|2022 till March 2022||4||Amagi, Uniphore, Hasura, Darwinbox|
Approximately 8-12 more SaaS companies are expected to turn unicorns this year, the report added. This list may include companies like Carestack, CleverTap, Deskera, FarEye, Fourkites, Hevo, Kissflow, Loginext, Moengage, Pixis, Shiprocket, Whatfix and Yellow.ai.
As travel and tourism bounce back, investors of this travel firm mint huge profits
Here’s what is worrying RBI as India faces the double whammy of rising inflation and declining exports
HDFC twins wipe out ₹2.5 lakh crore investor wealth, push HDFC out of top 10 largest companies in India
Popular on BI
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer