Paytm announces same-day bank settlement for businesses
The feature can be accessed from
The minimum amount that can be transferred is Rs 50, and the maximum amount is Rs 2 lakh in a single transfer request, the company said in a statement.
AdvertisementThe merchants can define frequencies and the funds will transfer automatically.
Frequencies can be once a day, twice a day or even three times a day.
"The feature is especially useful in this post lockdown period when businesses are getting ready for the upcoming festive season. Every single day reduced from their working capital cycle is a big relief for them," said Saloni Malhotra, Vice President, Paytm.
In the last five years, Paytm has grown from 40 million transactions per month to 400-450 million monthly transactions in FY20.
Malhotra said the company will soon introduce merchant-facing APIs (application programming interfaces) for triggering on-demand settlements and checking outstanding payable amounts.
According to RedSeer Consulting, the payment gateway aggregator market in India currently stands at Rs 9.5 trillion and is expected to grow by 2.4 times driven by large value transactions.
AdvertisementIt is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19 per cent in the next five years to reach Rs 22.6 trillion by FY25.
Chinese PLA is reportedly rotating troops despite India's insistence on disengagement from friction points along the border
Wipro's second-quarter will be telling of how its new CEO is steering the ship
Sitharaman offers states ₹12,000 crore interest-free for the next 50 years if they can spend it on capital projects by March 2021
Mars will appear bigger, redder, and brighter on October 13 — and won’t get this close to Earth again until 2035
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit