Shark Tank S2 participant STAGE raises ₹40 crore in a Series A round
Shark Tank India Season 2
- Indore-based Indian OTT platform STAGE claims it has over 225,000 paid subscribers across Haryana and Rajasthan.
- The startup aims to launch content in top 20 dialects in India, which have a potential to reach over 200 million households.
- NB Ventures, Dholakia Ventures,
TSM Ventures, WeFounderCircle, Mumbai Angels, Tarmac Ventures, Tailwind Ventures, Longtail Ventures, Lets Ventures and AngelList participated in the funding round.
AdvertisementDialect based, hyperlocal OTT platform STAGE has raised ₹40 crore in Series A funding led by Blume Ventures with participation from NB Ventures, Dholakia Ventures, TSM Ventures, WeFounderCircle, Mumbai Angels, Tarmac Ventures, Tailwind Ventures, Longtail Ventures, Lets Ventures and AngelList.
Existing investors who participated are Better Capital, IPV, TCA, Venture Catalysts along with some angels. The company, which also participated in Season 2 of the hit reality show Shark Tank India, previously raised ₹31 crore, bringing the total capital raised to ₹71 crore. The total valuation of the company stands at ₹290 crore, as shared with Business Insider India.
The company began with Haryanavi content in 2019, and has over 225,000 subscribers at present. With over 25,000 subscribers added every month, STAGE is growing 30% M-o-M, according to estimates provided by the company.
“We plan to capture 10% of over 25 million households watching video content in Haryana and Rajasthan by mid-2024. STAGE’s vision is to become a platform for entertainment, connection and celebration of cultures for all dialect speaking people in the country. By 2027, we plan to launch in the top 20 dialects of the country, which have a potential to reach over 200 million households,”
The current web series on STAGE in Haryanvi include Akhada, Group-D,
“STAGE’s slogan describes the passion and motivations of the team to build for the immense diversity of language and dialect that India offers. With two dialects launched and dozens more to build, we are excited to be partners on this journey,”
The OTT startup was founded in November 2019 by Vinay Singhal, Shashank Vaishnav, and Parveen Singhal - the same team which earlier built the popular content company, WittyFeed. It was the second-largest viral content company in the world, the company claims.
SEE ALSO: This startup which lends to the rural middle class raises $35 million in a Series C round
India's coal production up 16.4% so far in 2022-23
BharatPe CEO Suhail Sameer to step down five months after taking over
Popular on BI
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- All 81 movies based on Marvel comics, ranked according to critics
- EY and Deloitte are scrutinizing staff workloads and quietly letting some workers go, report says
- EPFO adds a net 15.62 lakh members in Dec; 8.41 lakh new subscribers join workforce
- Zee Entertainment reaches out to Sony to revive terminated merger
- India's AI market to touch $17-billion by 2027: Nasscom-BCG report
- Worried about 'forever chemicals' in your water? Try electron-beaming it!
- Wetlands in the icy Arctic have begun releasing 9% more planet-warming methane in the past two decades: study