EazyDiner raises ₹40 crore from DMI Alternative Investment Fund
EazyDinerraised ₹40 crore from DMI Alternative Investment Fund.
- The company currently has 12,000 restaurants onboard across India and Dubai.
- The company will use the fresh funding to expand its reach in India and the Middle East.
AdvertisementOnline restaurant table reservation and payments platform EazyDiner said that it has raised ₹40 crore in a new round of funding from DMI Alternative Investment Fund - The Sparkle Fund.
EazyDiner, founded by Kapil Chopra and a group of restaurateurs and hoteliers in 2014 allows users to discover restaurants, reserve a table and even pay for the food using the company’s PayEazy service.
“With the latest funding round, EazyDiner is well-positioned to grow exponentially and add new features to make it even more rewarding for consumers and restaurant partners to encourage eating out at great restaurants,” said Kapil Chopra, founder and CEO of EazyDiner.
EazyDiner, which reportedly has over 3 million users, has claimed that it serves more customers than any other app. The company competes with Zomato, which offers dining benefits as part of its Gold subscription and Dineout, which was acquired by Swiggy in 2022.
Funding to accelerate growth & expand reach
The company has partnered with over 12,000 restaurants across India and Dubai. With the latest round of funding, it is looking to accelerate growth and expand its reach. Out of the 12,000 restaurants, 700 restaurants are located across Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
“The latest funding round will accelerate the company's growth and scale its operations to new markets in cities across India,” added Chopra.
The company currently offers table reservations and payments in 30 cities and aims to increase it by over three times and cover 100 cities by the end of 2023.
EazyDiner had also launched a co-branded credit card along with IndusInd Bank in 2022. The card offers users EazyDiner Prime membership and a discount of up to 50% across 2,000 restaurants.
“We are excited to partner with the EazyDiner team as they scale their business pan India and internationally. The Sparkle Fund is always on the lookout for companies that have a vision to innovate in the financial services ecosystem and with EazyDiner, the future of eating out looks promising,” says Shivashish Chatterjee, co-founder, DMI Finance.
How to check TDS, dividend income, and income tax refund using the AIS for Taxpayers app
Ashneer Grover's new startup CrickPe is a fantasy sports app that will also reward cricketers
We asked ChatGPT about jobs that AI can take over from humans – This was its answer
Popular on BI
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- All 81 movies based on Marvel comics, ranked according to critics
- EY and Deloitte are scrutinizing staff workloads and quietly letting some workers go, report says
- Legal doyen and veteran advocate Fali S Nariman passes away at 95
- Sensex, Nifty trade with marginal gains in early session
- Audio series catch on as Indians spend up to 1.5 hours per day listening to them
- Family Business Succession Planning
- Delhi govt issues guidelines for handling end-of-life vehicles in public places