How to check TDS, dividend income, and income tax refund using the AIS for Taxpayers app
- The Income Tax department has launched an app allowing taxpayers to view important information on their smartphones easily.
- The app allows users to view the TDS, income tax refund, and more information.
- Here’s how to download and use your smartphone's new AIS for
AdvertisementThe Income Tax (IT) department recently launched a new application for mobile users that allows taxpayers to access their important data from their smartphones easily.
The IT app, dubbed as AIS for Taxpayers, allows users to find out important information such as the tax deducted at source (TDS), tax collected at source (TCS), dividend income, income tax refunds, and more.
How to download the AIS for Taxpayers app on your phone
The AIS for Taxpayers app is available for both Android and iOS smartphones.
You can download the app for Android smartphones from here and for iOS smartphones from here.
How to register for the AIS for Taxpayers app
- To begin, open the AIS for Taxpayers app on your smartphone and go through the introduction slides.
- Then, enter your PAN and date of birth/formation or incorporation.
- Now, click on the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions and click “Proceed.”
- Now, enter your primary mobile number and email ID, click “Proceed,” and then click “Confirm.”
- Enter the OTPs you received on your number and email, and click “Verify.”
- Now, you will be asked to set a 4-digit MPIN.
- Once you have registered on the app and set the MPIN, you can easily login and view information.
How to view TDS, dividend income and income tax refund using the AIS for Taxpayers app
- Launch your smartphone's AIS for Taxpayers app and enter your 4-digit MPIN.
- Now, click on “Annual Information Statement (AIS).”
- Then, click on the information you want to view, including TDS, income tax refund, and more.
Provide feedback on the information
- If you are viewing any information and find a discrepancy, you can provide feedback to resolve it.
- To do this, click “Submit feedback” at the bottom of the screen while viewing the information.
How to file a consumer complaint using WhatsApp
How to compare your tax liability in old and new tax regimes
How to use credit card to make UPI payments
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Some people are apparently ditching their iPhones for a foldable Razr model. Yes, the kind that was popular 20 years ago.
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- IIT Madras tops Indian institute ranking fifth year in a row – here are the top 10
- Best tablets under ₹5000 in India
- Speedy, small loan market sees Muthoot Microfin make an entry