5G will represent nearly 40% of mobile subscriptions by 2027
According to the latest edition of the Ericsson Mobility Report, 4G subscriptions are forecast to decline annually to an estimated 700 million subscriptions in 2027 as subscribers migrate to 5G post introduction of 5G in India.
"The latest Ericsson Mobility Report confirms 5G as the fastest growing mobile technology generation ever, and Ericsson is playing a key role in making it happen," Fredrik Jejdling, Executive Vice President and Head of Networks, Ericsson, said in a statement.
"We work every day with our customers and ecosystem partners around the world to ensure that millions more people, enterprises, industries, and societies enjoy the benefits of 5G connectivity as soon as possible," Jejdling added.
In global terms, 5G is forecast to account for almost half of all subscriptions by 2027, topping 4.4 billion subscriptions.
The report highlights that North America is forecast to lead the world in 5G subscription penetration in the next five years with nine-of-every-10 subscriptions in the region expected to be 5G by 2027.
It also predicted that current global
The 2027-timeline also includes projections that 5G will account for 82 per cent of subscriptions in Western Europe; 80 per cent in the Gulf Cooperation Council region; and 74 per cent in North East Asia.
INTERVIEW: The big picture on 5G, Big Tech-telco war with COAI’s Dr SP Kochhar
7.5 million Indians shut off second SIMs as Airtel, Jio clean house ahead of 5G auctions
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip
- Mizoram polls: ZPM dethrones MNF, bags 27 of 40 seats
- Draft policy formulated to enhance tourism's contribution in economy: Union minister