Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
Airtellaunched its 5G services in the country today.
- The Sunil Mittal-led company said that 5G will be available in the country in eight cities starting today.
- Airtel has said that its 5G services will be available across the country by March 2024.
Sunil Mittal-led Bharti Airtel announced the launch of 5G services in the country. During the launch,
Initially, Airtel’s 5G services will be available in eight cities, including Delhi, Mumbai, Varanasi and Bengaluru. The company will cover most major cities by March 2023 and the entire country by March 2024.
“It is an important day for India and it is the start of a new era. I believe the launch of the 5G services during the celebrations of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav by the hands of Prime Minister Narendra Modi will bring new awareness and opportunities in the country,” said Sunil Mittal, chairman, Bharti Airtel, during the launch of the 5G at the India Mobile Congress.
“Airtel teams are working very hard to roll out 5G services speedily across India”, Mittal added.
Airtel had spent over ₹43,084 to acquire spectrum at the 5G auctions that were conducted earlier this year. The company has claimed that it will offer 5G speeds that are up to 30 times faster than 4G.
Amid concerns of Jio-Airtel duopoly, analysts suggest new telecom bill empowers govt to maintain competition
Best 5G smartphones under ₹30,000 in India
Jio vs Airtel: Which one will offer faster and more reliable 5G services?
Popular on BI
- Realme 10 Pro+ 5G Review: An all-round value smartphone
- Sensex snaps 4-session losing run led by PSU banks
- The future is connected: 80% of traditional TV viewers want to switch in a year says Finecast Kantar
- Electric-vehicle financing startup Vidyut raises $4 million in first round of funding
- RIL, Adani Enterprises are the biggest and most consistent wealth creators: Motilal Oswal