Airtel's prepaid plans are up to 50% costlier than Jio and nearly 20% costlier than Vodafone Idea
Business Insider India
- Airtel has announced a tariff hike for its major prepaid plans.
- The prices of its plans have been increased by 20 to 25%.
- In this post, we compare the plans of Airtel, Reliance Jio and Vodafone Idea.
Sunil Mittal-led Bharti Airtel today announced revised tariffs, hiking the prices of its popular plans by up to 25%. The telco claimed that the move is aimed at increasing its average revenue per user (ARPU).
The revised prices will come into effect from November 26, meaning users can recharge at existing tariffs for the next few days.
In this post, we look at the revised tariffs from Airtel and how these plans compare with the offerings from Reliance Jio and Vodafone Idea.
|1.5GB per day for 84 days
|2GB per day for 84 days
One of the most popular plans offered by telcos is the 84 days plan that offers 1.5GB data per day. Airtel has increased the price of this plan from ₹598 to ₹719. Jio and Vodafone offer the same plan for ₹555 and ₹599 respectively.
This means that Airtel’s ₹719 plan is nearly 30% costlier than Jio’s ₹555 plan and over 20% costlier than Vodafone Idea’s ₹599 plan.
Another plan that is popular among users is the 2GB data per day plan. While Vodafone Idea does not offer a 2GB per day plan, Airtel’s plan is costlier by over 40% when compared to Jio’s ₹599 plan.
|2GB per day for 365 days
AdvertisementThere are several users who also opt for an annual plan as they do not wish to recharge every month. Airtel today increased the tariff for its annual plan that offers 2GB of data per day. While Vodafone Idea does not have a similar plan, it offers a 1.5GB per day plan that costs ₹2,399.
Compared to Jio, Airtel’s annual plan for 2GB data per day costs 25% more, setting users back by an additional ₹600.
|2GB monthly plan
Coming to the affordable plans, Airtel and Vodafone offer base plans that offer 28 days validity and talk time to users. Jio does not have a plan that offers similar benefits. Airtel’s ₹99 plan is 25% more costly when compared to Vodafone Idea’s ₹79 plan.
Airtel’s ₹179 plan that offers 28 days of unlimited calling and 2GB data is over 40% costlier than Jio’s ₹129 plan and almost 20% costlier than Vodafone Idea’s ₹149 plan.
|1.5GB per day for 28 days
Coming to monthly plans that offer 1.5GB data per day, Airtel’s ₹299 plan is 50% costlier when compared to Jio’s ₹199 plan and 20% costlier when compared to Vodafone’s ₹249 plan.
Airtel’s popular prepaid plans may now cost you up to 25% more
Airtel opts for AGR dues moratorium, becomes the second telco to do so
Bharti Airtel records 13% rise in its profits in the second quarter of the current fiscal year
Popular on BI
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- All 81 movies based on Marvel comics, ranked according to critics
- EY and Deloitte are scrutinizing staff workloads and quietly letting some workers go, report says
- Legal doyen and veteran advocate Fali S Nariman passes away at 95
- Sensex, Nifty trade with marginal gains in early session
- Audio series catch on as Indians spend up to 1.5 hours per day listening to them
- Family Business Succession Planning
- Delhi govt issues guidelines for handling end-of-life vehicles in public places