Airtel's prepaid plans are up to 50% costlier than Jio and nearly 20% costlier than Vodafone Idea
Business Insider India
- Airtel has announced a tariff hike for its major prepaid plans.
- The prices of its plans have been increased by 20 to 25%.
- In this post, we compare the plans of Airtel, Reliance Jio and Vodafone Idea.
Sunil Mittal-led Bharti Airtel today announced revised tariffs, hiking the prices of its popular plans by up to 25%. The telco claimed that the move is aimed at increasing its average revenue per user (ARPU).
The revised prices will come into effect from November 26, meaning users can recharge at existing tariffs for the next few days.
In this post, we look at the revised tariffs from Airtel and how these plans compare with the offerings from Reliance Jio and Vodafone Idea.
|1.5GB per day for 84 days||₹719||₹555||₹599|
|2GB per day for 84 days||₹839||₹599||NA|
One of the most popular plans offered by telcos is the 84 days plan that offers 1.5GB data per day. Airtel has increased the price of this plan from ₹598 to ₹719. Jio and Vodafone offer the same plan for ₹555 and ₹599 respectively.
This means that Airtel’s ₹719 plan is nearly 30% costlier than Jio’s ₹555 plan and over 20% costlier than Vodafone Idea’s ₹599 plan.
Another plan that is popular among users is the 2GB data per day plan. While Vodafone Idea does not offer a 2GB per day plan, Airtel’s plan is costlier by over 40% when compared to Jio’s ₹599 plan.
|2GB per day for 365 days||₹2,999||₹2,399||NA|
AdvertisementThere are several users who also opt for an annual plan as they do not wish to recharge every month. Airtel today increased the tariff for its annual plan that offers 2GB of data per day. While Vodafone Idea does not have a similar plan, it offers a 1.5GB per day plan that costs ₹2,399.
Compared to Jio, Airtel’s annual plan for 2GB data per day costs 25% more, setting users back by an additional ₹600.
|2GB monthly plan||₹179||₹129||₹149|
Coming to the affordable plans, Airtel and Vodafone offer base plans that offer 28 days validity and talk time to users. Jio does not have a plan that offers similar benefits. Airtel’s ₹99 plan is 25% more costly when compared to Vodafone Idea’s ₹79 plan.
Airtel’s ₹179 plan that offers 28 days of unlimited calling and 2GB data is over 40% costlier than Jio’s ₹129 plan and almost 20% costlier than Vodafone Idea’s ₹149 plan.
|1.5GB per day for 28 days||₹299||₹199||₹249|
Coming to monthly plans that offer 1.5GB data per day, Airtel’s ₹299 plan is 50% costlier when compared to Jio’s ₹199 plan and 20% costlier when compared to Vodafone’s ₹249 plan.
Airtel’s popular prepaid plans may now cost you up to 25% more
Airtel opts for AGR dues moratorium, becomes the second telco to do so
Bharti Airtel records 13% rise in its profits in the second quarter of the current fiscal year
Popular on BI
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu