Jio laptop inches closer to launch, could be powered by Windows 10 and an ARM processor
- India’s leading telecom player could have a new member in its hardware ecosystem soon – the
JioBook, a Windows 10-powered laptop.
- The rumoured Jio laptop has received hardware approval, according to a new report.
- Previously, reports have suggested that Jio could also launch a tablet and smart TV.
AdvertisementThe JioBook could be closer to launch than earlier expected after a new report emerged stating that
According to a new report, JioBook’s hardware approval reveals that the laptop will be powered by Windows 10 out of the box. The listing also mentions that it is powered by an ARM processor, which means the Jio laptop could be an affordable offering. This would make sense if the telecom provider’s JioPhone strategy is anything to go by.
The listing mentions a Chinese company named Emdoor Digital Technology, which makes ARM-powered Windows laptops. Jio will rebadge it as the JioBook when it is launched in India.
Jio’s hardware ecosystem could be expanding soon
Apart from the laptop, the Mukesh Ambani-led Jio could also foray into the tablet and smart TV segments, although the details in this regard are a little hazy right now.
In a previous report from November last year, the Jio hardware ecosystem could include a tablet and a smart TV too, but more details in this regard are not available right now.
The rumour mill suggests that the
While the Jio tablet could run PragatiOS – an Android-based operating system developed by Google and
The overall strategy seems to be a connected ecosystem of hardware and services, including Jio 4G, JioFiber, JioPhone and likely soon, the Jio laptop, tablet and TV – with the Jio network connecting all of them together.
It remains to be seen if this is what Reliance Jio is aiming for, and how this materialises over the course of 2022.
iPhone SE 3, iPad Air 5 and everything else you need to know about Apple's March 8 event
Prepaid mobile users may get to do one less recharge a year, but savings are not assured
Bharti Airtel gets a $1 billion boost from Google
Popular on BI
- At least 21 people, mostly teens, were found dead in a South Africa bar. None of them had any visible wounds.
- Lay’s, Kurkure and Bingo are taking over Indian snacks like Aloo Bhujia, Murukku
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Tata Motors to increase price of its commercial vehicle segment from July 1
- Best drilling machine for home use in India
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee's biopic is on the works based on the book, The Untold Vajpayee
- Google launches SOS alert to assist timely support in Assam flood - here’s how it works
- Parents beware: Coaching classes and edtechs make the most false claims