JioFiber plans with free installation, free set top box and free router announced – plan details, prices and everything else you need to know
- The new JioFiber postpaid plans will offer free benefits worth up to ₹10,000.
- These new JioFiber postpaid plans will be available for subscription from April 22.
- Here’s everything you need to know about the new JioFiber plans with free Disney+ Hotstar, Netflix, Prime Video and other OTT apps.
AdvertisementMukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio has announced new JioFiber plans with free installation, free set top box and free router, making it easier than ever before to get a JioFiber connection.
According to Reliance Jio’s announcement, the new JioFiber plans are being offered for new postpaid connections. The benefits being offered amount to more than ₹10,000, according to the company.
The new JioFiber plans are aimed at attracting postpaid users, which would offer more ‘stickiness’ to Reliance Jio in terms of attracting and retaining broadband subscribers. With prepaid plans, it is as easy as plug and play to use JioFiber services, which makes the revenue streams slightly less predictable for the company.
Making postpaid plans more attractive will allow JioFiber to augment its revenue stream better, as it is not as easy as prepaid to start or stop a subscription.
JioFiber postpaid plans with free installation, set top box and router detailed
According to Reliance Jio, these new JioFiber postpaid plans with free installation, set top box and router start at as low as ₹399 per month, and go all the way up to ₹3,999 per month, for the top-end 1 Gbps plan.
It is worth noting that the JioFiber postpaid plan prices mentioned are not inclusive of taxes – as such, you will have to pay GST of 18% over and above your JioFiber plan.
In addition to free benefits, JioFiber has also announced that its postpaid users will be able to avail access to entertainment apps like Disney+ Hotstar, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sony Liv, Zee5, Voot Kids, Jio Cinema, among others.
The new JioFiber postpaid plans go live on April 22, 2022.
Note: Prices per month, exclusive of taxes
Note that you can pay an additional ₹100 per month for access to six OTT apps, or ₹200 per month for 14 OTT apps. These add-ons are available for the ₹399 and ₹699 plans. All the other plans already include access to all 14 OTT apps without any extra charges.
Vodafone Idea, Airtel get a breather as government returns ₹22,000 crore worth of bank guarantees
Unlimited wifi plans for home — check the full list below
Reliance Jio lost over 9 million subscribers in January, but that is a good thing – here’s why
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- A second giant 'hole' has appeared on the sun, and it could send 1.8 million mph solar winds towards Earth
- We used ChatGPT to plan international trips - here’s a tour of the results!
- Sebi to boost disclosure norms; do away with permanent board seats for individuals
- Here are the ten big income tax rule changes that will come into effect from April 1
- Not just for OTT, people rely on digital to discover & engage with content across TV and movies: BCG-Meta Report
- SPC Lifesciences files draft papers with SEBI for IPO
- Sensex rallies 346 pts, Nifty near 17,100 on firm global markets