Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio acquires 800 MHz spectrum from Airtel for ₹1037.6 crore
BCCL / Business Insider India
The agreement is subject to statutory approvals,
Through this agreement, Airtel will receive a consideration of ₹1,037.6 crore from
Gopal Vittal, MD & CEO (India and South Asia), Bharti Airtel said: "The sale of the 800 MHz blocks in these three circles has enabled us to unlock value from spectrum that was unutilised. This is aligned to our overall network strategy."
In a statement, Jio said that the trading agreement is in accordance with the spectrum trading guidelines issued by the
It said that with this development,
"With the enhanced spectrum footprint, especially contiguous spectrum, and superior infrastructure deployed, RJIL has further increased its network capacity," Jio said.
Here’s how the latest spectrum auction may affect your mobile phone bills and quality of service
India reaps a bounty on the first day of spectrum auctions – but it's a lot less than what the government wanted
AdvertisementSimply put, Airtel says all it now needs is spectrum to deliver 5G services at a speed of up to 900 Mbps
Popular on BI
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes