Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio acquires 800 MHz spectrum from Airtel for ₹1037.6 crore
BCCL / Business Insider India
The agreement is subject to statutory approvals,
Through this agreement, Airtel will receive a consideration of ₹1,037.6 crore from
AdvertisementGopal Vittal, MD & CEO (India and South Asia), Bharti Airtel said: "The sale of the 800 MHz blocks in these three circles has enabled us to unlock value from spectrum that was unutilised. This is aligned to our overall network strategy."
In a statement, Jio said that the trading agreement is in accordance with the spectrum trading guidelines issued by the
It said that with this development,
"With the enhanced spectrum footprint, especially contiguous spectrum, and superior infrastructure deployed, RJIL has further increased its network capacity," Jio said.
Here’s how the latest spectrum auction may affect your mobile phone bills and quality of service
AdvertisementIndia reaps a bounty on the first day of spectrum auctions – but it's a lot less than what the government wanted
Simply put, Airtel says all it now needs is spectrum to deliver 5G services at a speed of up to 900 Mbps
- PL 2021: Here’s a look at how Punjab Kings vs CSK play against each other
- Goa and Gurugram recorded highest single day of covid 19 cases today
- Wipro fears it may lose its employees to competitors as there is an explosion of IT jobs
- Citibank to exit consumer banking business in India
- Checkout what is allowed and what is not in the new guidelines issued by the Delhi government