Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio acquires 800 MHz spectrum from Airtel for ₹1037.6 crore
BCCL / Business Insider India
The agreement is subject to statutory approvals,
Through this agreement, Airtel will receive a consideration of ₹1,037.6 crore from
AdvertisementGopal Vittal, MD & CEO (India and South Asia), Bharti Airtel said: "The sale of the 800 MHz blocks in these three circles has enabled us to unlock value from spectrum that was unutilised. This is aligned to our overall network strategy."
In a statement, Jio said that the trading agreement is in accordance with the spectrum trading guidelines issued by the
It said that with this development,
"With the enhanced spectrum footprint, especially contiguous spectrum, and superior infrastructure deployed, RJIL has further increased its network capacity," Jio said.
Here’s how the latest spectrum auction may affect your mobile phone bills and quality of service
AdvertisementIndia reaps a bounty on the first day of spectrum auctions – but it's a lot less than what the government wanted
Simply put, Airtel says all it now needs is spectrum to deliver 5G services at a speed of up to 900 Mbps
Popular on BI
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again