Reliance Jio now lets you make calls over any Wi-Fi network
- Reliance Jio has started rolling out
VoWiFiservices across India.
- Airtel currently offers Wi-Fi calling services in 13 circles across the country.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 26% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M52 5G (ICY Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) Latest Snapdragon 778G 5G | sAMOLED 120Hz Display₹ 25999₹ 34999Buy On
- 11% OFF
Tecno POVA 2 (Polar Silver, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)| 7000mAh Battery | 48MP Camera | Helio G85₹ 11999₹ 13499Buy On
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)₹ 13999₹ 15999Buy On
Samsung Galaxy M51 (Electric Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 19999₹ 28999Buy On
- 27% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M12 (Blue,4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) 6000 mAh with 8nm Processor | True 48 MP Quad Camera | 90Hz Refresh Rate₹ 9499₹ 12999Buy On
Last month, Airtel started rolling out the service which is now available in thirteen circles.
Commenting at the launch of VoWiFi calling services, Akash Ambani, Director, Jio, said, “At Jio, we are constantly innovating to enhance customer experience or solve their problems. At this juncture, when an average Jio consumer uses over 900 minutes of voice calls every month, and at a growing base of consumers, the launch of Jio Wi-Fi Calling will further enhance every Jio consumer’s voice-calling experience, which is already a benchmark for the industry with India’s-first all VoLTE network.”
AdvertisementJio VoWiFi is currently supported on over 150 smartphones. If your smartphone isn't included in the list of supported devices at the moment, it could be added in the list in the near future. You can visit the company's website and check if your device is supported.
What is VoWiFi?
VoWiFi or Wi-Fi calling is a service where users can make or receive calls and SMS over a WiFi network.
With Wi-Fi calling, users get improved indoor coverage, faster connectivity and clearer conversations. When you are connected to a Wi-Fi network and place a call from an eligible device, the call quality is boosted automatically.
While Airtel’s VoWiFi service is officially supported only on the company’s Xstream Fiber broadband service, we were able to use it on non-Airtel Wi-Fi connections as well. Similarly, Jio VoWiFi also works with non-Jio Fiber connections.
How to enable Wi-Fi calling on your smartphone
To enable Wi-Fi calling on your device, follow the below steps -
- Apple iPhones – Go to Settings > Mobile Data > WiFi Calling > Enable.
- OnePlus – Go to settings > WiFi & Internet > Sim & Network > Sim 1 / Sim 2 > WiFi Calling > Enable.
- Xiaomi – Settings > Sim Cards & Mobile Network > Airtel > Make calls using WiFi > Enable.
- Samsung – Enable WiFi calling from quick settings.
- Other devices – Enable WiFi calling from network settings.
- Restart your device and check for VoWiFi symbol in your status bar.
Here’s how to enable Airtel Wi-Fi calling on your smartphone
Airtel launches Voice over Wi-Fi service for better indoor voice call
Reliance Jio, Airtel and Vodafone have 10 days to submit their bids for 5G trials while a lot remains undecided
Popular on BI
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Manoj Bajpayee and Pankaj Tripathi reminisce childhood days in BL Agro's latest ad for Bail Kolhu
- Snapchat reaches 100 million monthly users in India, partners with Flipkart, Zomato and MyGlamm for AR integrations
- Former Punjab CM Amarinder Singh announces new political outfit ahead of assembly elections
- Microsoft records $20.5 billion in profits for July-September quarter riding on cloud, office biz
- Best barbeque sets for an easy grill