Vodafone Idea hikes tariffs by up to ₹500 for its popular plans
- Vodafone Idea has announced a tariff hike, increasing the prices of its popular plans by up to 25%.
- The revised tariffs will come into effect from November 25.
- Here are the new tariffs from Vodafone Idea.
AdvertisementA day after Airtel announced a tariff hike, Vodafone Idea has announced a similar tariff revision, hiking the prices of its popular plans by up to 25%. The company’s base plan now starts at ₹99.
The revised tariffs from Vodafone Idea will be applicable from November 25. Users who recharge prior to November 25 will be able to avail the existing tariffs.
The company claimed the reason to increase its tariffs was to improve its average revenue per user (ARPU). Vodafone Idea has the lowest ARPU in the industry at ₹104. The Mukesh Ambani-led telco Reliance Jio has an ARPU of ₹144 and Airtel has an ARPU of ₹153.
“The new plans will start the process of ARPU improvement and help address the financial stress faced by the industry,” the company said in a statement.
Vodafone Idea revised plans
The base plan will now cost ₹99, up from the current price of ₹79. The popular ₹599 plan will now cost users ₹719, an increase of ₹120. The price of the annual plan has been increased by ₹500 and will now cost ₹2,899.
|Current tariff||Revised tariff||Increase||% increase|
The last major tariff revision was in December 2019, when the three telcos, Airtel, Vodafone and Jio announced a tariff hike. Jio is the only telco left that has not revised its tariffs. We expect a similar announcement from the company in the coming days.
Jio is slowing down in the race to 500 million subscribers – a goal set by none other than Mukesh Ambani
Vodafone Idea has lost nearly a billion dollars every three months this year
Airtel’s popular prepaid plans may now cost you up to 25% more
Popular on BI
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Mumbai
- Reliance Retail receives full subscription amount of Rs 2,069.50 cr from KKR, allots 1.71 cr shares
- As inflation continues to remain high, RBI likely to keep interest rates unchanged
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning