Here are the five books to read for entrepreneurs and startup investors
- For aspiring
startupentrepreneurs, it is important to gauge the pitfalls for the survivability of the idea.
- Every week, Business Insider collates some interesting books to read, giving an outlook on career and professional growth, setbacks and opportunities for the readers.
Every week, Business Insider collates interesting books to read, giving an outlook on career and professional growth, setbacks and opportunities. This week we bring books that can shape the career of startup entrepreneurs.
Here a few of those books.
Founders at work by Jessica Livingston
Founders at Work: Stories of Startups' Early Days showcases interviews of technology company founder. The book tells the story of how famous startup founders convinced investors to fund their ideas. The book also includes stories of people who recovered from losses. It has interviews of front runners of companies like Apple, Flickr, Hotmail amongst others.
Never too late to startup by Rob Kornblum
Never too late to startup is written by a venture capitalist Rob Kornblum, dedicated to entrepreneurs. The book talks of the experiences of mid-life founders. It focuses on questions such as discovering new ideas, marketing products, getting funding and investing in a side business.
The 7 habits of highly effective people
The book focuses on growth of people — from personal to professional aspects. It has been a part of several corporate meetings and forums. The book talks about integrity, service and dignity.
How Successful People Think: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life by John C. Maxwell
AdvertisementThe book seeds the idea of thinking differently. The author John C. Maxwell talks about the 11 ways to mould thinking in a way that can help lead a better and happier life. It focuses on building life-skills.
The book teaches about building alternate income sources, thereby allowing you to follow your own passion. Author Ferriss tells why ‘always on’ businesses are not the most productive. According to him, in order to become a better version of oneself, they should surround themselves with people that push them in the right direction.
Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months: A Month-by-Month Guide to a Business that Works
Written by a business expert, Melinda F Emerson, the book is a guide on how to launch a new business in a year. It is an instruction manual for budding entrepreneurs to develop a marketing plan, following budget plans, and implementing new strategies.
Popular on BI
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Taj Hotels’ Qmin food delivery app claims to be the only profitable business among its peers
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn
- India's retail inflation dropped below 7% in July for the first time in four months