Learn these 4 skills to become a top notch digital marketing expert
- Millennials are using online training courses as a tool to build digital skills — turning towards Digital Marketing and related areas such as advertising, brand campaigning and
social media marketing.
- For employers, digital marketing, artificial intelligence and design thinking are the most sought after skills, according to a recent survey by online learning platform Great Learning.
- The future will demand professionals to re-skill themselves every 3-4 years so as to evolve in a competitive working environment, according to Zairus Master, CEO, Shine Learning.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUThe demand for digital marketers is also growing in the industry. According to Burning Glass Technologies, a job market analysis company, digital marketing is an essential skill for four out of 10 marketing jobs.
In fact, six of the top 25 jobs listed by Glassdoor in terms of work-life balance were related to digital marketing.
For employers, digital marketing, artificial intelligence and design thinking are the most sought after skills, according to a recent survey by online learning platform Great Learning.
Freshers aside, the flexibility to learn different skills via digital platforms attracted experienced professionals as well. According to Zairus Master, CEO, Shine Learning, the future will demand professionals to re-skill themselves every 3-4 years so as to evolve in a competitive working environment.
MSME EXCHANGE 2021Join us in amplifying the voice of over 60 million MSMEs in IndiaJune 28 - 29, 05:00 PM onwards
While you can learn the basic skills with free courses, core skills such as PPC (Pay Per Click) specialist, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) specialist, and social media marketing specialist can be learnt through online trainings imparting core skills. Here are the most in-demand skills and platforms to learn them.
Paid Search Analysis (Pay Per Click)
Based on the keywords that are put in, the top results you see on a search engine are primarily paid ads. That brings in the need for a Paid Search Analyst — who sets up these paid ads to fetch traffic within a defined budget.
Online platforms like Simplilearn, Coursera and Internshala offer training courses in specialised fields including paid search, social media and search engine optimisation.
With over 3.5 billion searches everyday, businesses in the online space want to perform and rank higher on search engines. An SEO analyst ensures the use of the most relevant keywords and phrases that will potentially show up on Google. They are responsible for building strategies to rank content higher on the search engines.
Social Media Marketing
AdvertisementSocial media emerged as one of the most important tools for advertising. The social media professionals engage with the user base across platforms to curate and deliver relevant content. They also analyse the potential market for a brand.
Online social media courses teach ways to draw in online traffic, execution strategies and analysing data for social media campaigns.
AdvertisementData analysis includes extensive research to understand a set target audience. It includes data collation and analysis for business purposes. This includes studying online transactions and search queries using various tools and collating relevant multiple data points to draw conclusions and predict future action. This can help companies create marketing strategies, and aid growth.
- Windows 11 is getting Android apps – you will soon be able to natively run PUBG Mobile and other popular Android apps and games
- Our aim is to become a billion dollar company by the end of 2022: Arvind Iyer, Cuemath
- Reliance Industries, Ashok Leyland, JSW Energy and other stocks to watch out for on June 25
- Andhra Pradesh government cancels class 10, 12 state board exams
- Sebi plans to come out with framework for SPACs to enable listing of startups on domestic stock exchanges, say sources