Amazon becomes the top recruiter at MDI Gurgaon with a ₹40.5 lakh offer
Management Development Institute(MDI) Gurgaon secured 100% placementsin the first three days.
- The average compensation increased by 9.5% at ₹22.05 lacs — Amazon offering the highest package at ₹40.5 lakhs.
- Over half of the offers (57%) were from companies in the consulting, BFSI (Banking, Insurance and Financial Services), technology and telecom domain.
- Of the total 360 offers rolled out, nearly 70 offers came from ecommerce and IT sectors.
The average compensation too increased by 9.5% at ₹ 22.05 lakhs.
Of the total 360 offers rolled out, nearly 70 came from ecommerce and IT sectors. This includes nearly 41 offers from e-commerce platforms like Flipkart, Make My Trip, Oyo, PhonePe and 27 offers from the IT giants like Accenture, Capgemini, IBM and Tech Mahindra.
In an interview with Business Insider, Kanwal Kapil, Dean of Placements at MDI, Gurgaon said that the employers are now keen on hiring management graduates with digital literacy. “When you talk about digital businesses, they will definitely look at retaining talent with digital skills. The e-commerce sector has seen the highest growth, in terms of hiring at nearly 141%, compared to last year,” he said.
Over half of the offers (57%) were from companies in the consulting, BFSI (Banking, Insurance and Financial Services), technology and telecom domains. This includes 63 offers from PwC, Deloitte, ICICI Bank, IDFC Bank and Airtel. While automotive, logistics and pharmaceuticals accounted for almost 15% of the offers.
PwC US Advisory emerged the largest recruiter with 14 offers, followed by Deloitte USI, ICICI Bank and IDFC First Bank with 13 offers each. Telecom major Airtel made 10 offers.
Kapil told that all of these offers were for domestic roles. However, since most of the employers are global multinationals, these might also lead to international projects, depending on the demand.
The institute also witnessed a 40% increase in offers coming from the consulting sector during the summer placements.
IIT’s Madras, Delhi and Kharagpur campuses bag over 2,500 job offers in the very first week of placements
AdvertisementB-school students get summer placements — but for technology job profiles
India’s top b-school graduates are being paid over ₹2 lakh for summer internships
Popular on BI
- Chandigarh airport to be named after Bhagat Singh: PM Modi
- RBI set for fourth straight rate hike to quell inflation, say experts
- No peace overtures expected between India and Pakistan
- Space dedicated to food and beverage companies in malls on the rise post pandemic
- Samsung's Q3 earnings outlook grim amid poor global chip demand