IIT’s Madras, Delhi and Kharagpur campuses bag over 2,500 job offers in the very first week of placements
- Over 2,500 job offers have been made to IITs at Madras, Kharagpur and Delhi campuses, so far.
- IIT Madras concluded the first phase of the final placement season with 831 job offers from over 180 companies — including 34 overseas placements.
- Students at IIT Delhi and Kharagpur bagged over 1,700 job offers in the first five days of placements.
- Microsoft, Honeywell, Mastercard and Barclays emerged as the top employers at these IITs.
Most of these offers came from sectors like software and analytics, management, consulting, banking and finance.
|Campus||Pre-placement offers||International offers||Total offers rolled out|
AdvertisementIIT Madras concluded the first phase of the final placement season with 831 job offers from over 180 companies. It includes 34 overseas placements.
In addition, 167 students at the institute received pre-placement offers as well. That takes the total count to 998 until December 8. The second phase will commence in January 2020.
Students at IIT Delhi and Kharagpur bagged over 1,700 job offers in the first five days of placements. Of this, almost 500 were pre-placement offers and 56 were overseas offers.
At IIT Kharagpur, 19 offers came from the public sector undertakings (PSUs). “This has been the fastest 1,000 offers to date, and in fact a day ahead of last year,” GP Raja Sekhar, head of All IIT Placement Committee told Business Standard.
In fact, the oldest IIT at Kharagpur bagged five offers exceeding ₹1 crore per annum, on the very first day of the final placement season.
Microsoft, Honeywell, Mastercard and Barclays were the top employers at IITs this year. While Uber, Cohesity and Accenture Japan were the top international recruiters.
AdvertisementThe placement season starts in December and will go on till May next year.
IIT Kharagpur kicks off placement season with a bang — 5 students bag offers over ₹1 crore
Students across 23 IITs received over 1,200 pre-placement offers ahead of the placement season
7,248 students of top engineering schools dropped out to take up jobs offers
- Glee.S.T! January 2021 GST collection may have beat the December record
- Simply put, Airtel says all it now needs is spectrum to deliver 5G services at a speed of up to 900 Mbps
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi may just have signalled a big allocation for defence equipment manufacturing, 3 days before the budget
- Haryana government extends suspension of mobile internet services in Sonipat, Jhajjar and Palwal till Friday
- Sourav Ganguly undergoes fresh angioplasty, two more stents implanted