Hiring now! Walmart, Dream11, Ola and Icertis – and they need both full-time staff as well as interns
- India’s first gaming unicorn Dream11 is looking to hire 250 people over the year, while Icertis has 180 positions it's looking to fill.
Olahas built a virtual internship program to onboard its campus recruitments, while Walmart Labs has promised to hire 2800 people in India.
hiringcomes in even when major companies and startups are laying off employees.
But all hope is not gone. Many in India have announced their plans to hire and the tech community is the latest to join in to say they have big plans for the year despite the challenges from the coronavirus pandemic.
India’s first gaming unicorn Dream11 is looking to hire 250 people over the year. The parent company Dream Sports has already hired 80 since January 2020 and is employing across brands like Dream11 (over 180 positions), FanCode and DreamX. The majority of the hiring is for technology, design and product teams.
Another unicorn Icertis – the contract management startup is looking to hire 180 people over the year. Monish Darda, co-founder & CTO of Icertis, believes that this is the time when companies can sit up and turn things around.
“Even if you look in the past, even though the crisis has not been something like Covid19, companies that have been fundamentally strong and have entered the crisis with a lot of dry powder, have done extremely well while coming out of it. We have been fortunate because we raised funds also last year,” Darda told Business Insider.
He added that once you have moved past the first few stages of the crisis, you think of how you can be more fundamentally strong in terms of business processes. “For us this is an opportunity to grow and identify which areas of the business are not affected and grow in that direction, so we have positions open across the board,” he said.
Virtual internships begin
For thousands of graduates of colleges, this was the time to join their campus placement or an internship. While many companies had cancelled offers, some companies are now onboarding virtual interns.
Walmart Labs, the innovation wing of Walmart, which has announced that it will hire 2800 employees in India has also been actively hiring interns virtually.
Indian ride hailing unicorn Ola too has been bringing on board its campus internship recruitments. Ola bets heavy on its internship programs. In fact, one of its most popular features – Ola Auto was actually suggested by an intern.
“We have virtually onboarded 38 candidates from prestigious MBA schools like IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, FMS, XLRI among others as part of our internship program working across verticals like mobility, electric mobility, financial services and international business,” Rohit Munjal. CHRO, Ola told Business Insider.
Both Silver Lake and Mukesh Ambani hope that Reliance Jio will replicate Alibaba's magic — and this time Zuckerberg will get a chunk
AdvertisementCovid-19 threatens to kill co-working — but the owners believe it will only get cheaper and better
Popular on BI
- Gautam Adani, the man who may soon be Asia's richest person, is a college dropout who survived the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks and says he was once kidnapped for ransom
- EY is offering scholarships to Indian college students worth ₹1 lakh with two months’ internship opportunity
- A man had severe, day-long migraines for 12 years and nothing worked. His doctors say they vanished after they prescribed leafy greens and cutting out red meat.
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days
- Over a million Ethereum tokens have been burned since the big upgrade, but transaction costs are still a pain point for the network
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- McDonalds India launches a contemporary rendition and continuation story of memorable campaign ‘Hum dono boyfriend-girlfriend hai kya’
- India to resume scheduled international flights from December 15, says Aviation Ministry