India Post recruitment: Checkout vacancies, eligibility and other details
- India Post is inviting applications from eligible sports persons from the open market under ‘sports quota’ for filling upto 257 vacancies at Maharashtra Postal Circle.
- The last date to apply for the opportunity is November 27, 2021.
- Selection of the candidates will be made on educational and sports qualifications.
AdvertisementThe Department of Posts, India, is inviting applications for the direct recruitment of meritorious sports persons from the open market under ‘sports quota’ for filling upto 257 vacancies at Maharashtra Postal Circle.
Interested candidates can apply on the official website of India Post. The last date to apply for the opportunity is November 27, 2021.
These are the roles available —
|Role||No. of vacancies|
Sports qualifications required —
- Sportsmen who have represented a state or the country in the national or international competition in any of the games/sports listed here.
- Sportsmen who have represented their university in the inter-university tournaments conducted by the inter-university sports board in any of the listed games/sports.
- Sportsmen who have represented the state schools teams in the national sports/games for schools conducted by the All India School Games Federations.
- Sportsmen who have been awarded national awards in physical efficiency under the National Physical Efficiency Drive.
- The candidate must have passed 10th standard from a recognised board of school education or board of secondary education.
- The candidates of higher qualifications will also be considered but they have to fulfill the above conditions. There will be no preference for higher educational qualifications.
- The candidate should have knowledge of working on a computer.
- Candidates should know the local language of Maharashtra i.e., Marathi or of Goa i.e., Konkani.
- Selection of the candidates will be made on educational and sports qualification subject to fulfillment of prescribed conditions.
- However, candidates will be preferred in this order —
b.Candidates who have represented a state/union territory in the senior or junior level national championship organised by the National Sports Federation recognised by Department of Youth Affairs and Sports or National Games organised by Indian Olympics Association and have won medals or position upto 3rd place.
c. Candidates who have represented a university in an inter university competition conducted by association of Indian universities/inter-university sports board and have won medals or position upto 3rd place in finals.
d. Candidates who have represented the state schools in the national sports/ games for schools conducted by the All India School/Games Federation and have won medals or position up to 3rd place.
e. Candidates who have been awarded National Award in physical efficiency under National Physical Efficiency Drive.
f. Candidates who have represented a state/union territory/university/state school team but could not win a medal or position.
AdvertisementCandidates will also have to pay a non-refundable online fee of ₹200 before submitting the application form.
Interested candidates can seek more information here.
Samsung to hire over 1000 engineers in India this year from top engineering colleges like IITs and BITS, Pilani
EY is offering scholarships to Indian college students worth ₹1 lakh with two months’ internship opportunity
Popular on BI
- Jhulan Goswami’s two decade-long career is ‘monumental’, says BCCI on her retirement
- Chandigarh airport to be named after Bhagat Singh: PM Modi
- RBI set for fourth straight rate hike to quell inflation, say experts
- No peace overtures expected between India and Pakistan
- Space dedicated to food and beverage companies in malls on the rise post pandemic