Ixigo is hiring for UI designers, iOS and backend developers — existing employees get ESOPs to make up for the pay cuts
- Ixigo is looking for professionals for the technology and customer experience roles.
- Some of the open positions include UI Technology Lead, QA Lead, iOS, and Backend Developers.
- These are all full-time roles based in Gurugram, requiring approximately 3 to 6 years of industry experience.
- The 13-year-old company has also reinstated salaries and granted ESOPs (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) to all its employees.
AdvertisementIndian traveltech platform Ixigo says it has resumed hirings as it plans to bounce back strongly in the post-COVID world. The company has transitioned to a virtual onboarding model and is looking for professionals for the technology and customer experience roles. That includes job roles like UI Technology Lead, QA Lead, iOS, and Backend Developers.
We're hiring again! Android / backend / UI folks interested in building for travel in the post-Covid world, DM me.— Aloke Bajpai (@alokebajpai) 1594109210000
“Our hiring plan is gradually making headway and we’re continuously adding roles in line with our evolving business plans,” Rajnish Kumar, its Co-founder & CTO told Business Insider.
AdvertisementThese are all full-time roles based in Gurugram, with a requirement of 3 to 6 years of industry experience. Ixigo also plans to onboard recent graduates in engineering and management — who are currently working as interns in the company.
Ixigo has 150 employees as of now.
The 13-year-old company has also reinstated salaries and granted ESOPs (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) to all its employees. It says that this is aimed at ‘compensating for the pay cuts’ that were done in the last three months to keep up with the operational costs.
“The current ESOP grant announced will result in an additional 2.3% of the company’s overall shareholding being given to all 150 ixigems (ixigo employees). This is one of the largest and most deeply discounted ESOP grants in the company’s history, and with the lowest stock vesting period of just one year,” Ixigo said in a statement.
Travel and hospitality industry was one of the worst hit sectors due to coronavirus. Given the uncertainty, the Ixigo suspended hirings from March to June, 2020. However, a recent survey report suggests that close to 70% of Indians are willing to travel amidst the pandemic. This has instilled hopes of revival among the industry players.
“We are the only travel player in India to retain 100% of our staff amidst the pandemic. In the beginning of March we started working on a plan that could potentially let us survive even if revenues were to remain zero for 3 to 6 months,” Kumar added.
AdvertisementThe company says that the leadership team took a 60% pay cut while it slashed salaries by up to 50% for other employees.
Lockdown restrictions for IT, ITES units in Chennai relaxed
Nepal bans all Indian news channels except DD News
- RIL, Future Retail stocks under pressure after Singapore arbitration court rules in favour of Amazon
- EXCLUSIVE: Piramal Group is ready for acquisitions in both pharma and financial services
- Israel to start human trials of COVID-19 vaccine on November 1
- Lenders of debt-ridden DHFL to meet today to take call on bids
- Top stocks to watch — Future Retail, RIL, IndusInd Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, ICICI Bank, Tata Motors, Tech Mahindra, Yes Bank and others