Learn these 6 technical skills for a career in software development — and its more than just programming languages
- Globally, software development is one of the highest paying tech jobs.
- In the US, 19% of the job applications were of software engineers — making it the most sought after tech job role, according to a Glassdoor report.
- The most popular job roles include Blockchain engineer, Security engineer, Embedded engineer, Data engineer, and Back end engineer among others.
Companies are trying to stay competitive in the job market, investing in future technologies. This has lifted the demand for software engineers.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Midnight Black 2GB RAM 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
Globally, software development is one of the highest paying tech jobs. With more and more Indians planning career overseas, the demand has surged over the past few years. In the US, 19% of the job applications were software engineers — making it the most sought after tech job role, according to a Glassdoor report.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
Within the tech space, the demand for blockchain technologies, data science and network security has been at an all-time high. Coding bootcamps also help software engineers prepare for the job market.
The most popular job roles include blockchain engineer, security engineer, embedded engineer, data engineer, back-end engineer, machine learning engineer, mobile engineer, full stack engineer, and front-end engineer.
Here are the six
- Programming languages
This also includes languages specific to app development — Android, iOS and Windows.
- Data Structures & Algorithms
Online learning platforms such as Codechef, GeeksforGeeks and HackerEarth are a beneficial way to optimise on algorithms and coding skills.
- Operating Systems
Linux, Windows and Mac are the common operating systems used by developers.
SQL (Structured Query Language) database is the most common among developers. Others include Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Networking and Security
This calls for the need to add a layer of security to the information and applications developed by the programmers. Cryptography is used to encrypt sensitive information. Developers should know the data encryption algorithms so as to make the systems secure.
- Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is used to measure the precision of the software — from analysis to maintenance. The SDLC phases include Requirement analysis, feasibility study, design, implementation and coding, testing, deployment and maintenance.
AdvertisementLearn these 4 skills to become a top notch digital marketing expert
Top soft skills than can help new-age employees beat competition from machines
The hottest AI jobs will need you to know these programming languages and tools
- With a $2 million funding from Sachin Tendulkar, Rajan Navani of digital entertainment and tech company JetSynthesys shares the roadmap ahead
- Here is a list of bank holidays in August 2021
- Best all-in-one printers in India in 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: Lovlina Borgohain assures a boxing medal for India by entering semifinals
- Clear(Tax) has planned major acquisitions and hiring for this year, in talks with investors to raise funds