More than half of the job offers at IIT Kharagpur came from the software and analytics sectors
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur concluded the first round of placements on December 11, 2019.
- Of the total 1,310 job offers rolled out, 58% are for the software and analytics jobs.
- In total, over 215 companies from consulting, analytics, banking and finance sectors participated in the campus hiring
- The oldest IIT at Kharagpur bagged five offers exceeding ₹1 crore per annum, on the very first day of the final placement season.
In total, over 215 companies from consulting, analytics, banking and finance sectors participated in the hiring. Core and banking sectors contributed almost 40% to the recruitment.
The placements "comfortably passed all the previous years' record," the institute said.
It crossed the threshold of 1,000 offers in the first five days — including 41 international opportunities.
Nearly 19 offers came from the public sector undertakings (PSUs). “This has been the fastest 1,000 offers to date, and in fact a day ahead of last year,” GP Raja Sekhar, head of All IIT Placement Committee told Business Standard.
In fact, the oldest IIT at Kharagpur bagged five offers exceeding ₹1 crore per annum, on the very first day of the final placement season.
IIT Madras also concluded the first phase of the final placement season with 831 job offers from over 180 companies. It includes 34 overseas placements.
|Campus||Pre-placement offers||International offers||Total offers rolled out|
IIT Hyderabad received 38 international job offers from Goldman Sachs, Microsoft amongst others.
Advertisement"There is a significant increase in international offers this year as compared to last year. For the current placement year 2019-20, we have received 38 international offers, as on December 12 — from 15 companies across three countries — USA, Japan & Taiwan,” the placement in-charge at IIT Hyderabad told Business Today.
IIT Kharagpur kicks off placement season with a bang — 5 students bag offers over ₹1 crore
IIT’s Madras, Delhi and Kharagpur campuses bag over 2,500 job offers in the very first week of placements
- Here’s why onion prices have surged to nearly ₹100/kg
- Netflix India beats Amazon Prime for its Customer Experience in the media streaming category, shows Kantar’s CX+ report
- India's contact tracing app Aarogya Setu comes under the scanner again — three departments fail to explain their role in its development
- Acer announces 11th gen processors starting at ₹54,999
- LG Wing swivel phone and Velvet dual screen phone launched in India