Online jewellery platform BlueStone to hire 400 people in the next 3-4 months
BlueStoneis looking forward to opening its third manufacturing unit in Jaipurand will be looking forward to hiring 400 employees over the next 3-4 months.
jewellery retaileris rapidly scaling operations across the country with new warehouses and stores coming up in many cities.
- Till date, the company has raised $70.1 million in external funding.
AdvertisementBlueStone, a Bengaluru-based
As part of the expansion plan, the jewellery retailer will be hiring across various domains like production, warehouse, logistics and design functions for their
The existing two other manufacturing units of the company are located in Mumbai with a total work area of 12,000 square feet (sq. ft) and with an employee count of around 500.
BlueStone is rapidly scaling operations across the country with new warehouses and stores coming up in many cities, catering to the growing demand. The new manufacturing unit will help the brand meet the rising demand for its products.
“With the launch of our new manufacturing unit in Jaipur, we have expanded our production capacity three-fold, which is required to meet the scale at which we operate at present, having opened 68 new stores over the last 2 years and with plans to open more in the months ahead,” said Gaurav Singh Kushwaha, founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of BlueStone.com.
Kushwaha further said, “We intend to double the size and capacity of the new manufacturing unit in about a year from now with the premise having an additional 20,000 sq ft of space that could be utilised. Our customers will stand to benefit from reduced production timelines and good air connectivity from Jaipur, resulting in quicker deliveries.”
In 2020, the jewellery retailer raised a series E round funding of ₹14.73 crore from its existing investors Accel, IIFL Seed Ventures Fund, Kalaari Capital, Iron Pillar Fund, Ivycap Ventures and Saama Capital. Till date the company has raised $70.1 million in external funding.
Founded by Vidya Nataraj and Kushwaha in 2011, BlueStone claims to ship in-house designed jewellery across 25,000 pin codes in the country and internationally to the US, Canada, UK and Australia. It also has 65 physical stores in over 22 cities, including Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad and New Delhi.
Meet Santishree Dhulipudi Pandit, the first female vice-chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University
Sundar Pichai pegs Google’s Web3 ambitions to the cloud
Popular on BI
- ‘Padman of 2022’: Shark Peyush Bansal offers founder of women’s hygiene startup PadCare a blank cheque
- Gautam Adani lost $52 billion in 6 days. That's over 3 times what Sam Bankman-Fried lost in a similar timeframe.
- A 45-year-old biotech CEO may have reduced his biological age by at least 5 years through a rigorous medical program that can cost up to $2 million a year, Bloomberg reported
- Measures in place to address excess volatility: Sebi on Adani crisis
- Revival of rural economy to take time in the absence of triggers: JM Financial
- Logistics startup FarEye lays off 90 employees, 2nd job cut in 8 months
- Vani Jayaram, the voice behind 10,000 songs, passes away at 78
- Not the first time FPO is taken back, won't affect image of the country: FM