These are the hottest jobs in the cyber security industry right now, with a salary package of up to ₹23 lakh per annum
- The need for cyber security is soaring in the market in order to protect valuable data from these hackers.
- According to human resources firm
TeamLease, there are around 50,000 open positions in the market, currently.
- Here are some cyber security roles which are high in demand, according to TeamLease
According to human resources firm TeamLease, there are around 50,000 open positions in the market, currently.
Risk identification and management, data management and analysis, and logical reasoning and troubleshooting are the three main skill sets each employer is looking out for in an ideal candidate, says TeamLease .
AdvertisementThese are some cyber security roles which are high in demand, according to TeamLease —
- Cyber security analyst
Cyber security analyst is primarily responsible for protecting a company's network and systems from cyber attacks, which involve researching the latest upcoming information technology (IT) trends, reviewing and analysing any suspicious activity. The analyst is also responsible for implementing threat protection measures and security controls. The starting salary of a cyber security analyst can be between ₹5,00,000-₹6,00,000 per annum, according to online education firm
The ideal role of a cyber security technical lead engineer is to plan, implement, monitor and continuously upgrade the security measures to protect the company’s data, system and networks and to test and identify any system vulnerabilities and thereby enabling appropriate security control tools and measures. According to job search platform
3. Data management and analytics
The data management and analyst role is to examine a large number of data sets, perform complex data analysis and build predictive models. Based on these models, an organisation can detect any malicious activity and prevent network vulnerabilities. The average salary of a data management analyst can be around ₹12,00,000 per annum, as per UpGrad.
4. Forensic analyst
A forensic expert can also be called a ‘digital detective’ who is responsible for detecting, analysing and piecing together all possible evidence of cyber crimes from computers, network or any other IT equipment. A forensic analyst also plays a lead role in investigating data breaches and security incidents when there is a cyber attack. The salary can range between ₹6,00,000-₹7,00,000 per annum, according to job search platform Indeed.
5. Chief information security officers (
AdvertisementA report by professional services firm
6. Network security engineers
The job responsibility of a network security engineer is to assist the company in identifying advanced cyber threats and to help in creating robust strategies to protect the organisational structure. A network security engineer also oversees the quality control within the IT infrastructure. An ideal candidate can expect to earn around between ₹4,00,000-₹8,00,000, according to UpGrad.
These are some exciting part-time work-from-home jobs you can do to earn a few extra bucks
If you want to work from home, these are some of the hottest freelancing jobs in high demand
Even small initiatives during a pandemic can help save a thousand lives, these people are doing their bit
Popular on BI
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days